Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AFGHAN minerals

AFGHAN minerals

The real reason we invaded Afghanistan 16 years ago is revealed in this NYTimes article, minerals. I've been saying the reason for the invasion of the M.E. was to exploit the natural resources (oil, gas, minerals) since day one.

mobile.nytimes.com

Michael Moore suggested it was to allow an oil pipeline to pass through Afghanistan rather than Russian controlled territory. But I'm skeptical about the minerals. Development costs for anything there would be enormous, as would be political risks of loosing the investment. One of my students, just back from deployment there, said they were told it was strategic territory, being in the middle of so many politically important countries. I laughed.

That's always been the reason Ed. Where you been all these years. It will continue that way forever.

Quote Originally Posted by EdB View Post
    The real reason we invaded Afghanistan 16 years ago is revealed in this NYTimes article, minerals. I've been saying the reason for the invasion of the M.E. was to exploit the natural resources (oil, gas, minerals) since day one.

mobile.nytimes.com
    Nah. Like Creekguy pointed out, you've been telling us for years it was to build the oil pipeline.

I've been saying that was the reason all these years, that's where I've been. Were you one of those who poo-poo'd that fact all these years? It will continue that way as long as there is a money system.

Occam's razor?

OBL's henchmen blew up the Twin Towers?
    We wanted to kill him.
    Taliban protected him.
    We decided to kill Taliban.

This is the explanation with the fewest assumptions.

We are getting ready to go to an "Energy based" system and he with the most energy wins. So we're just ahead of the game.

There's enough energy for everybody. Pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Nah. Like Creekguy pointed out, you've been telling us for years it was to build the oil pipeline.
    That's right, the oil pipeline, the gas pipeline, minerals, and any other natural resources we could exploit for money.

[QUOTE=CO Native;211674]We HAVE BEEN IN an "Energy based" system Forever, but its becoming a technology based system and She with the best technology wins.

Fixed