Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steven

George is trying to put lipstick on a pig. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ah this point I would prefer Hillary. This is beyond terrible and every day that this madness continues we grow weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    George is trying to put lipstick on a pig. :-)

Seriously, a lot of the Hillary hate is nothing more than ill-concealed misogyny. As deeply flawed as she is, she's nowhere near the steaming pile of incompetence called Trump.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Something to consider...

Are we better off with somebody deeply flawed and incompetent or deeply flawed but competent?

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    Seriously, a lot of the Hillary hate is nothing more than ill-concealed misogyny.
    You really think that's why she failed twice? I thought the reason was the Russians and Comey?

The fact that she planned to continue Obama's policies was the biggest reason she lost.

The fact that she planned to continue Obama's policies was the biggest reason she lost.

Well, everyone gets to interpret history their way. Policies? Obama would never have been re-elected if his policies were that unpopular. the only policies that affected the election was which side some people can go to the bathroom in. Which is to say social issues, including immigration. IMO, Hil lost because hatred (not just disgust) of the DC political establishment had reached extreme levels, and ANY non-member of the "establishment" was going to be favored. Remember that approval of congress was less than 20% going into the election process. I regarded Hil as just another well meaning but self-absorbed career politician who was obsessed with having a war chest and was willing to stretch the rules to get it. That she was a beta female didn't help.
    Last edited by creekguy; 07-31-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Something to consider...

Are we better off with somebody deeply flawed and incompetent or deeply flawed but competent?
    And there is no door #3.

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

NAFTA and the TPP killed Hillary.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

You really think that's why she failed twice?
    Did I say that? Try reading for comprehension next time.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    Well, everyone gets to interpret history their way. Policies? Obama would never have been re-elected if his policies were that unpopular.
    That's because a lot of his policies weren't realized until his second term. Which is why the pendulum slowly swung away from the D's in the congressional elections and finally in the last presidential election.