Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steven

Bibi clearly thinks there is no chance of a real peace in his lifetime, and while I worry about his belligerence, he's probably right. With so much turmoil in the region away from Israel, it seems to me they should keep a lower profile and wait to see where history is going. Unfortunately, delusions in the region have a thousand year half life.

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    Bibi clearly thinks there is no chance of a real peace in his lifetime
    And he has done everything in his power to assure it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    Bibi clearly thinks there is no chance of a real peace in Abu Mazen's lifetime, and while I worry about his belligerence, he's probably right.
    Fixed for reality.

A group of officials - including Ryan, Brady, and Gary Cohn - just put out a statement that the border adjustability tax is dead.
    Said they expect a bill to begin moving through committees this fall.

Without the BAT, it's unclear how big a tax cut could be.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Anybody that thinks corporate tax cuts will bring manufacturing back to America needs a serious change in any of their math grades. There is no tax cut in the world that is going to allow an American worker to compete with someone that will work for $7 a week.
    A corporate tax cut most likely would encourage domestic investment, which in turn would create jobs - not unskilled jobs, but the kind derived from investments that now go to other advanced economies, such as most of Europe.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Just think of the mess we would been in if hillary was elected.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    Just think of the mess we would been in if hillary was elected.

What makes you think we would have a mess if Hillary was elected, serious question.

Speaking of mess, the conservative world is going to be pissed on Friday. The GOP has the presidency, the House and the Senate and they still can't repeal or replace. Now there's a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenladle View Post
    What makes you think we would have a mess if Hillary was elected, serious question.
    Because she's a Clinton? That's the political equivalent of being Pig-Pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Because she's a Clinton? That's the political equivalent of being Pig-Pen.
    OK, admittedly the Clintons are deeply unpleasant people who are overly fond of money. Do you think Dufus Donny is not?

Then again, let's compare the numerous investigations of the Clintons that have yielded zero indictments save for Bill's impeachment, which he survived, and his superb political skills, to the Donald's obvious fear of having his Russian connections and finances examined, and his complete lack of governing skills.

Please explain how Hillary in the White House could possibly be worse than Donald.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Because she's a Clinton? That's the political equivalent of being Pig-Pen

To be fair, Goldie asked why Bufurd thought we'd be in a mess with Hillary, not more in a mess with Hillary.