Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven

Steven

You still happy with Trump?

I was happy with Gorsuch. Beyond that, this has been an unmitigated disaster. Advancing Conservative policies--never popular with journalists and at odds with America's understanding of self--requires sober and serious leadership, a desire and a willingness to sell the policies, and the ability to communicate why doing so is important. None of this-none at all-is happening. Trump is currently feuding with his own Attorney General for hell's sake.

I'm willing to listen to counterarguments.

I didn't vote for him the first time, wouldn't vote for him next time. But I don't care...I'd rather have nothing happen with a complete buffoon in the White House than Clinton/Warren pushing their agenda through federal agencies.

That said, there were only four things I really care about.

1) Putting real conservatives on SCOTUS - He hit a homer.
    2) DOL Fiduciary Rule that we can live with - everything is moving in the right direction so far.
    3) Lower corporate taxes - Too early to tell. Be done with healthcare one way or the other and move the freak on to taxes.
    4) Moving our embassy to Jerusalem - He pussied out...big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I didn't vote for him the first time, wouldn't vote for him next time. But I don't care...I'd rather have nothing happen with a complete buffoon in the White House than Clinton/Warren pushing their agenda through federal agencies.

That said, there were only four things I really care about.

1) Putting real conservatives on SCOTUS - He hit a homer.
    2) DOL Fiduciary Rule that we can live with - everything is moving in the right direction so far.
    3) Lower corporate taxes - Too early to tell. Be done with healthcare one way or the other and move the freak on to taxes.
    4) Moving our embassy to Jerusalem - He pussied out...big time.
    1) Conservatives or reactionaries?
    2) You half convinced me that it ain't a bad thing, but only half.
    3) Lower corporate taxes? OK. Tax cuts for the 1-5%? No way.
    4) One of the worse possible things that could be done if one is at all serious about achieving peace in the region.

BTW - The way things are going under Bibi pretty soon Israel might not even consider you officially to be a Jew. Buffy's a 210% no-hoper.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

There is absolutely no good reason not to put an embassy in West Jerusalem. There is no chance on G-d's green Earth that West Jerusalem will not ultimately be part of Israel.

Pretending all of Jerusalem is up for grabs dependent on negotiations just allows the Palestinians to continue with their delusions.

Most of the known world runs on delusions and hopes that are little more than disappointment postponed. This goes for regions and countries right down to individuals.

Maintaining some sort of equilibrium is what prevents continuous World War. Keeping our Embassy in Tel Aviv is a message that we pay a little more than lip service to legal niceties and are not telling the Arabs to go pound their copious amounts of sand.

The legal niceties don't help, they just hurt.

This is similar to yesterday's decision to remove the metal detectors from the Temple Mount. All it does is embolden the Palestinians to keep doing what they've been doing and claiming what they've been claiming.

It's not the same, and legal niceties do not hurt if one wants any chance of a negotiated settlement. At times Israel can be its own worst enemy - witness the settlements.

I so totally disagree. Getting rid of delusions will lead to a negotiated settlement, not following legal niceties that support that delusion.

Getting to Yes is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    1) Conservatives or reactionaries?
    2) You half convinced me that it ain't a bad thing, but only half.
    3) Lower corporate taxes? OK. Tax cuts for the 1-5%? No way.
    4) One of the worse possible things that could be done if one is at all serious about achieving peace in the region.

BTW - The way things are going under Bibi pretty soon Israel might not even consider you officially to be a Jew. Buffy's a 210% no-hoper.

Anybody that thinks corporate tax cuts will bring manufacturing back to America needs a serious change in any of their math grades. There is no tax cut in the world that is going to allow an American worker to compete with someone that will work for $7 a week.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    Most of the known world runs on delusions and hopes that are little more than disappointment postponed. This goes for regions and countries right down to individuals.

Maintaining some sort of equilibrium is what prevents continuous World War. Keeping our Embassy in Tel Aviv is a message that we pay a little more than lip service to legal niceties and are not telling the Arabs to go pound their copious amounts of sand.
    It also keeps us from openly endorsing the occupation of Palestine. Until that occupation ends, no borders are set in stone.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan