Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ed Got Me Thinkin

Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    Kind of a double edge sword here--if you take a step back from it

We honour (and we should) those that served and paid the price for what they believed

But there is no ceremony for those (Like Kent State) that paid the price for their beliefs---it was definitely a movement--backed by a huge percentage of Americans

Does it boil down to---if you die for a Gov't backed agenda--your a hero

If you die because you believe what's going on is not right---your labelled a radical?

I have no definitive answer
    I don't think you will ever see a government memorialize an event where they killed their own citizens.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    I guess further to that train of thought..

Is America "The Gov't"...or is it..."The People"

Cuz if the gov't decides to go one way--and a large group of citizens disagree----are you hostage for 4 years (or less)---till change can happen
    It may have taken a lot of years to end the war in Vietnam, but we did end it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    Note that the names of the shooters were never revealed, and more significantly, the officers who commanded them never revealed or interrogated. It was NOT policy to distribute ammunition to the guard members. Some officers authorized and distributed the ammo without any announcement of such. The failure to reveal the names of these leaders tells you a lot about the power the military ultimately exercises.

Not that it bothered me at the time. I was in rigorous training at the Noncom officers school in Ft. Benning, Ga, and blew off the loss of life, since it paled in comparison to where I was going.
    I think today there would be an investigation, I do not have a guess of the outcome. We didn't have the FOIA at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    I think today there would be an investigation, I do not have a guess of the outcome. We didn't have the FOIA at that time.
    So evolution has occurred---and the "Ed's" of the world can continue to oppose mainstream freely without persecution

Couple jumps in recent history I guess--went from McCarthy---to Nixon (Who had John Lennon tailed for Vietnam views)---to today---where hopefully opposing views can be heard---Peacefully

I think there is only one Ed in this world. Can't say I have ever run across anyone that thinks like he does regarding the money system, energy credits and war.

Ed has always been consistent in his message. I may disagree, but I admire his tenacity..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    I think there is only one Ed in this world. Can't say I have ever run across anyone that thinks like he does regarding the money system, energy credits and war.
    Sure you have. They just didn't call it energy credits. The ideas aren't really that unusual. Today for instance, I read the the conflict between labor and immigration is created by "Capital," capital being the entity that controls the economic superstructure for its own benefit. Yes, someone, a very smart someone in fact, wrote that with a straight face.

When I run across another person in my lifetime that thinks Technocracy is a panacea for all the worlds problems I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by EdB View Post
    There cannot be a market for something that is not scarce (energy).
    But isn't human nature, for some, to be greedy? Somebody will want to make that energy artificially scarce. Hold access to it in exchange for something. Sounds like exchange of currency or bartering.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post
    Ed has always been consistent in his message. I may disagree, but I admire his tenacity..

Mike
    I agree. I'll add that I admire his ability to have a civil discussion with those that disagree. Tough to do, because everybody gets frustrated.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.