Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Got Me Thinkin

Ed Got Me Thinkin

We all at some time have questioned authority or Gov't direction

Maybe collectively---maybe not

I wonder how much has changed since this event---where protests went wrong---I wonder how we would react today if the outcome was the same?

Have we evolved as a society in this near 50 years?

http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/w/...tate_Shootings

No, our foreign policy has not evolved, it's still one of economic hegemony and military intervention to further American business interests in the world. Why is it that we don't see the protests like Kent State against our criminal foreign policy? Millions protested the illegal invasion of Iraq (me included) and were ignored. Where is the outrage over the thousands of dead civilians in Mosul due to ISIS and the massive bombing by the U.S. led coalition?

Kind of a double edge sword here--if you take a step back from it

We honour (and we should) those that served and paid the price for what they believed

But there is no ceremony for those (Like Kent State) that paid the price for their beliefs---it was definitely a movement--backed by a huge percentage of Americans

Does it boil down to---if you die for a Gov't backed agenda--your a hero

If you die because you believe what's going on is not right---your labelled a radical?

I have no definitive answer

I guess further to that train of thought..

Is America "The Gov't"...or is it..."The People"

Cuz if the gov't decides to go one way--and a large group of citizens disagree----are you hostage for 4 years (or less)---till change can happen

Note that the names of the shooters were never revealed, and more significantly, the officers who commanded them never revealed or interrogated. It was NOT policy to distribute ammunition to the guard members. Some officers authorized and distributed the ammo without any announcement of such. The failure to reveal the names of these leaders tells you a lot about the power the military ultimately exercises.

Not that it bothered me at the time. I was in rigorous training at the Noncom officers school in Ft. Benning, Ga, and blew off the loss of life, since it paled in comparison to where I was going.
    Last edited by creekguy; 07-25-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    Note that the names of the shooters were never revealed, and more significantly, the officers who commanded them never revealed or interrogated. It was NOT policy to distribute ammunition to the guard members. Some officers authorized and distributed the ammo without any announcement of such. The failure to reveal the names of these leaders tells you a lot about the power the military ultimately exercises.

Not that it bothered me at the time. I was in rigorous training at the Noncom officers school in Ft. Benning, Ga, and blew off the loss of life, since it paled in comparison to where I was going.
    Kinda Scary huh?

You don't have to agree with U.S. foreign policy to understand that Energy Credits are just another currency unit like like U$D, Sterling, or Bitcoin. Despite what Ed believes, should Technocracy come to pass a market in ECs soon would develop, legally or otherwise. You can't change human nature.*

* The singular exception being European Communism, which managed to create lazy Germans turning out shoddy products.
    Last edited by George K; 07-26-2017 at 02:57 AM.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Unfortunately George you don't understand the concept of abundance wherein one cannot physically
    consume more than is available to them. There cannot be a market for something that is not scarce (energy).

Here is how it is in Ed's world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brPSNWgy5Pk

The Harry potter fantasy in no way resembles the realism of Technocracy's ideas.