Thread: The Trump v. CNN smackdown

The Trump v. CNN smackdown

Its all for show.

Like Ben Shapiro said this morning, if CNN stopped covering Trump, he would set himself on Fire outside of their office. And if Trump stopped tweeting, CNN would be right back to looking for lost Malaysian airliners.

I'm Out.

It seems like CNN is coming unglued.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wh...rticle/2627782

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    Its all for show.

Like Ben Shapiro said this morning, if CNN stopped covering Trump, he would set himself on Fire outside of their office. And if Trump stopped tweeting, CNN would be right back to looking for lost Malaysian airliners.

I'm Out.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Doxxing is bad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Everybody involved benefits from Trump v. CNN. If they didn't, they would seek their diversions elsewhere. But they don't. CNN gets to act like an internet gif is the next Reichstag fire and they are the heroic defenders manning the ramparts of civilization, and the Donald's fanboys get to act like their boy is slapping down the liberal media. Everybody involved loves every single second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Doxxing is bad.
    Sure, doxxing is bad.

The thing is, if we look at this mess from some sort of realistic time horizon, the internet is about 2 minutes old and the rules on what to do have yet to be sorted out. CNN shouldn't have threatened to release the name of the redditor, but on the other hand, Stormfront shouldn't be doxxing the CNN writer, who was not part of the editorial process that added the infamous last line to the story.

I saw a doxxing once, a well-deserved doxxing. It was when Curt schilling called out the internet mutants making sexual comments about his daughter. I didn't have a problem with that. Context matters.