Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That horrible liburl media

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    But maybe I'm making that assumption based on the listeners rather than the content.
    From my experience with the majority of my friends who are liberal...your assumption is spot on.

With that said I listen to NPR every morning on my way to work and I'm more of a middle of the road guy...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Can I mention La Raza accented talk show hosts again? That was good for like 30 pages back in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that's much of a stretch. NPR seems to embody upper middle-class liberalism to its core. But maybe I'm making that assumption based on the listeners rather than the content.
    Someone I know once said that NPR tends to report the news in a pretty well-balanced style. But their analysis is more on the liberal side. I tend to agree with that assertion. And yes, I do listen to NPR. I actually like to listen to their analysis: gives me another take on things.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    Why not trace it back and see what lead up to that? Seems that's a failing of both sides: seeing and reacting instead of learning what's actually happening.
    We can apply this to a lot of issues. We all need to know where the other side is coming from if we wish to have an understanding of where they stand on issues. That understanding, in some cases, could help us work with each other.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Sorry but the true stupidity was in assuming that NPR (Public Radio) is biased against Trump.
    And the stupidity (also hate and fear) comes from the ignorance I was talking about. How many of us take the time to get to know people as individuals or organizations (NPR in this case) beyond political, religions or other talking points? We take snippets of information and misinformation and make assumptions about knowing the other side. Everybody does it. I am guilty too.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by FishTX View Post
    We can apply this to a lot of issues. We all need to know where the other side is coming from if we wish to have an understanding of where they stand on issues. That understanding, in some cases, could help us work with each other.
    Agreed. Like I said, it seems that both sides do it. Which doesn't make it right. And incidentally, by "both sides" I mean any issue: East vs. West, Liberal vs. Conservative, Republican vs. Democrat (yes, there is a difference), North vs. South, AFC vs. NFC, etc...

And the stupidity (also hate and fear) comes from the ignorance I was talking about. How many of us take the time to get to know people as individuals or organizations (NPR in this case) beyond political, religions or other talking points? We take snippets of information and misinformation and make assumptions about knowing the other side. Everybody does it. I am guilty too.
    Blame the internet.

No, really. And not exclusively, but it does have an effect. Seems there's more and more evidence, maybe even some data, that indicates that with the rise of the internet folks are losing their ability to research and process information. I'm sure I could look up some studies, but I need to go check Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram...

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    From my experience with the majority of my friends who are liberal...your assumption is spot on.
    We have something in common.

3pi-dab-0047-01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    No, really. And not exclusively, but it does have an effect. Seems there's more and more evidence, maybe even some data, that indicates that with the rise of the internet folks are losing their ability to research and process information.
    We can blame the internet, but the internet is a tool vastly easier than going to the library or buying a variety of newspapers and magazine. We have great tool and abuse it.

We have great tool and abuse it.
    We talking about Buffco or the interwebz?