Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That horrible liburl media

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

I was wondering how long that would take to pop up. Hilarious but depressing.

in their defense, the Declaration is a pretty radical document. Especially if one is seeing it for the first time.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

I had someone the other day tell me that kids need to learn cursive so they can read the original Declaration of Independence. 2 thoughts went through my head....

1. We don't read the Biblical texts in Aramaic or Greek, either printed or in original text.
    2. I'm not sure most folks have read the Declaration of Independence. Or the Constitution, for that matter.

The liberal's replies to the conservative anger is just as bad. Taken out of context, that snippet of the Declaration that fits in a tweet, can be confusing. How many of us have it all memorized? Know ever single sentence? I have read the whole document and cant recite it.

"For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:" Sounds like a modern, conservative's talking point, doesn't it? This example is one I would not recognize without context. Might be Ted Cruz blathering.

I could forgive these people for ignorance of the Declaration. We are all ignorant about something. Often we are ignorant to degrees. For example, we all know something of the law. But how much we know varies from person to person. That is why we have a Sherb. Big deal if they don't know every single word of the Declaration. However what depresses me is their ignorance about liberals. Why did they call out NPR? Because NPR is an evil, liberal propaganda factory. At least that is what they think they "know" about NPR and those "un-American" liberals. So the jumped, damn near flew, to a conclusion.

On this board, we have liberals and conservatives. We don't call each other nazis or un-American. We know each other to be good people while still being able to disagree. It these people complaining about NPR and liberals who made fun of them would get together, we might have a friendlier discourse. We will still disagree, but at least fewer of us won't be ******** about it.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

I agree that coming into the middle of the tweets could be confusing. But... what happened to actually learning what the other side was talking about? Why not trace it back and see what lead up to that? Seems that's a failing of both sides: seeing and reacting instead of learning what's actually happening.

Sorry but the true stupidity was in assuming that NPR (Public Radio) is biased against Trump. It becomes more stupid when you do nothing to confirm your paranoia before reacting. The problem is stupidity on the part of these tweeters period, no legitimate excuse can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    assuming that NPR (Public Radio) is biased against Trump.
    You mean they aren't? Could of fooled me considering Trump wants to cancel their funding.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Sorry but the true stupidity was in assuming that NPR (Public Radio) is biased against Trump.
    Yeah, I don't think that's much of a stretch. NPR seems to embody upper middle-class liberalism to its core. But maybe I'm making that assumption based on the listeners rather than the content.