Thread: Why do people drive those things?

Why do people drive those things?

I mean look at it parked next to my Big ol' truck.

I would not want to be on the receiving end in that thing if someone ran a stop sign in a full size truck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We drove one in Germany many years ago and it was fun (never left town). Came back and was curious so did some checking.
    They are over priced, don't get that good of mileage and have to burn premium. If you could put in any old gas, get 50 mpg and buy one for $8K, then it would be worth trying for an around towner.

This is the only reason I can think of to own one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSfgkLzuBSc

Death trap.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

Several years ago, I was driving across Canada from Wisconsin to Maine and was watching my speed because of the Loonies dueling it out in the 3-lane sections. I suddenly realized that I had one of those little farkers practically up my exhaust pipe, ran my speed up 'til my knuckles turned white, and then had him pass me in the next 3-lane section. I suppose, though, they're no different from running around in a bug-eye Sprite fifty years ago.

Jim

They make sense in old European cities with narrow streets. In north America they are a silly affectation. For a lot less money you can buy a larger sub-compact car that gets better mileage, is safer, more comfortable and more fun to drive.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

maybe he was the only one that could fit his car in that half spot because the guy in the truck couldn't see fit to just take up one spot?

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    They make sense in old European cities with narrow streets.
    My former sales colleagues in France would drive these. Much easier to navigate the streets and park when going from account to account. Even easier than hailing a cab.

Can't complain. I used to ride motorcycles. I am thinking about restoring mine or replacing it.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.