Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If You Could do Anything in Life

Jason Knight is a vampire, everybody knows that. He's been doing this for thousands of years.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    DAmn IT Buffy I have one of those smiles on my face along with a few tears. You have found something that most never do. A hundred thumbs up. I did nothing here, you took the reins awhile back. Compassion and empathy do not fail. They only fail when forgotten. Sympathy is a dividing emotion. here is me there is you. Avoid it, empathy is understanding. When you understand another the differences no longer matter. You've helped me get closer to that.

Thank you sir.
    You did more than you know, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    This is the inside of that wall.

First order of business. Get some trim around those rafters where they meet the drywall. Beautiful looking cabin. I'm envious.

Thanks. We’re close to being in it but you never know…
    I wasn’t really in the market for a Cabin. We decided against the farmhouse due to it being a money pit. I prefer brick or Hardie board but this one came along and we fell for it. I hope I don’t regret it because of maintenance requirements. Good thing is that there is no yard to mow, but there are thousands of acres of Corp of Engineer property to play on.

I wonder if the bulge is because they used log pieces vs full length.

You're not that far from here so once we get settled in y'all are welcome to come fish for a weekend.
    Last edited by MikeA; 06-29-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Thanks. We’re close to being in it but you never know…
    I wasn’t really in the market for a Cabin. We decided against the farmhouse due to it being a money pit. I prefer brick or Hardie board but this one came along and we fell for it. I hope I don’t regret it because of maintenance requirements. Good thing is that there is no yard to mow, but there are thousands of acres of Corp of Engineer property to play on.

I wonder if the bulge is because they used log pieces vs full length.

You're not that far from here so once we get settled in y'all are welcome to come fish for a weekend.
    Just as long as you don't laugh at my Zebco 33 and red wigglers.

Keep your pants up and he won't laugh at your red wiggler....

I would have made a few decisions differently, but all in all I would not change the way my life evolved in ways that I could control. I saw the world, did interesting and meaningful work, made time for friends and family life and will never be poor, barring a complete collapse of the United States economy and Federal Government. I had enough talent to go higher than the Foreign Service equivalent of bird colonel/GS-15, but not enough fire in the belly - not enough ambition that I was willing to sacrifice family and private pursuits (like fishing) for the advancement of my career.

Things that I most certainly would change were beyond my control, like my wife of 31 years dying of breast cancer or my present wife of 13 years developing ovarian cancer (thankfully she is fully cured). But it is a truism that life unfolds without regard to our hopes, plans and dreams. I am lucky to have had two good marriages, but never wanted or expected to be single again in my mid-fifties.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

It's hard to turn our passions into a career

I've had many people viewing my art at shows ask me if I teach---I auto default to no----In my mind---how can you teach imagination or vision?---you can teach basic techniques---but that seems circular to me.

How about deer hunting---where I have guided---Often I run on instinct--coupled with experience----You can't teach gut feelings---also you have to put up with knuckleheads---I guided 4 guys from Wisconsin once---I'm bustin my butt--wading thru ass deep snow--trying to push to the 4 guys yelling on snow machines drinking beer---they figure when they pay it should be like arcade shooting---and I'm not a yuge people person---so No

So in my life ---one earner family guy---I went where they paid the best----find the job where capable---maximize $$$---play in the off times---nobody guarantees life is an oil painting

Made the most of what I had or could do---no regrets

Wildlife management (what started to do and ended up a stumpy), pilot, architect.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by swizz View Post
    Thought you were younger than I am.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.