Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Confession time

I'm mostly just yanking y'all's chain. I never could get a taste for beer and I've tried them all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    Just as an example to counter Buffy, I really didn't like bourbon. At all. But that opinion was based on Jim Beam and Jack Daniels. Those two are garbage. My wife likes a bourbon now and again and she got a Eagle Rare 17 Year in a bar in Missoula a few years ago. I tasted it and was like, "Wow, this is actually really tasty." I ordered one also.

Speaking of hops, the highest compliment I can give to a freshly poured beer upon sniffing it is "Mmmm, smells like Pine-Sol!" Love me some hoppy, danky, piney hopped-up beer.
    First, Jack Daniels isn't Bourbon. It's Tennessee Whisky. Second, it's a damn fine whisky when poured over ice. Third, it's a mans drink. Jim Beam is garbage.

Bourbon is one of those drinks that seeps from your pores the next day after a good drunk. Makers Mark for example, it tastes ok while you're drinking it. The constant bourbon burps and sweats the next day make my stomach want to hurl just thinking about it.
    Last edited by MikeA; 06-29-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    I'm mostly just yanking y'all's chain. I never could get a taste for beer and I've tried them all.

Which one would you like to try? #15 is a favorite of mine. All distinctly different and much different/better than bud/miller/coors/pabst...

Last edited by NZ Indicator; 06-29-2017 at 01:11 PM.

I love a good IPA, but I mostly drink Mich Ultra, from a can...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    but I mostly drink Mich Ultra, from a can...
    Because you're watching your weight yes?

I am so utterly scandalized by Buffy pouring coke over any kind of sour mash and calling it a drink. I don't know if I can go on.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    I am so utterly scandalized by Buffy pouring coke over any kind of sour mash and calling it a drink. I don't know if I can go on.
    I thought you liked diet coke? Aren't you the one who pours it over your potatoes like gravy?

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    No.

You've been drinking too much cheap shit. Either that or your taste buds are off because of medicines' side effects (as are mine from methotrexate, but my memory is not). Beer, wine and spirits all have subtle degrees of difference in taste and finish that may be difficult to describe, but are not at all difficult to discern.

BTW -Sherry is a fortified wine, not "booze". Cheap sherry is vile, good sherry is not. Unfortunately, really good sherry is far more expensive than I am willing or able to pay.
    I am not talking the cheap shite. I have A friend that loves the VERY expensive stuff. I'd say that he tries to make me love it every year. I guess his PHDs (and the rest) have never taught him about subjectivity, not even of the taste buds.

"No" what?

And no I haven't drank cheap anything in years and years. And of course my taste is "off" how could it not be, and of course I have had no alcohol, I just got out of the hospital three days ago for open heart. Alcohol isn't too great for transplants. I have to admit that I don't understand what you have judged in my comments that brings you here. seriously. I am only using "Booze" to differentiate Beer, Ales and Mead from Whiskeys, Wines, .....

I drink less and less because I have no interest in alcohol other than a "great" Scotch or Irish with a dinner. I don't buy $100+ bottles anymore and I'll never buy any fine Cognacs, I've never liked them, cheap or $$$$, they don't tickle my buds in the least, much like many can't stomach Scotch. What I "should" like has no bearing on my tastes, not in alcohol, not in Beer, not in Art, not in anything. In these categories it's all subjective. Doesn't matter that the experts say about a painting, what school the artist was in (Hudson Valley" etc, how he differentiates the use of light and color, I can appreciate what's there but if I don't like it, I don't care about it anything but in an academic way. I've been told for decades that I am a fool and a heathen for not liking Mozart. I appreciate certain academic components, but to he's every bit as "good" as Paul McCartney. I may dislike Paulies little nonsense ditties, but I am not going to look down on anyone that does. It's all subjective.
    Last edited by Wetdog; 06-29-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Which one would you like to try? #15 is a favorite of mine. All distinctly different and much different/better than bud/miller/coors/pabst...

You pick. I'll hate them all equally.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    Gotta cut the strong taste of alcohol with something.