Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: I think we should discuss this.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    As I recall, it does not matter what a reasonable person would feel. All that matters is the officer felt he was in danger.
    Here's a typical instruction. In fact, this was the instruction given in the Slager case in South Carolina.

The defendant does not have to show that he was actually in danger. It is enough if the defendant believed he was in imminent danger and a reasonably prudent person of ordinary firmness and courage would have had the same belief. The defendant has the right to act on appearances even though the defendant’s beliefs may have been mistaken. It is for you to decide whether the defendant’s fear of immediate danger of death or serious bodily injury was reasonable and would have been felt by an ordinary person in the same situation.

Then there is no reason to convict since 99% of the people viewing that video, including his police force, felt he overreacted. But that was not the explanation in the Dept of Justice investigation in Ferguson. They said as I recall that all that matters is what the officer felt.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    THC stays in your system, there is no way to determine if he was high at the time.
    Reynolds admitted they smoked earlier that day before they were pulled over.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post

Irrelevant.

I need someone to explain to me about how gun laws were initially racist and also about the black panthers. I've missed some things in life. Like, a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post

"Earlier that day" is vague. How early? One joint won't give you an all day high. A large bong won't keep you wired for a week. How many stoners do you know who are violent when high. Are they gonna mug you for a bag of Doritos?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Not that this matters but canibus does have a half life. You may not feel physically high after a few hours, but it is in your system and stays there for a day or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenladle View Post
    You may not feel physically high after a few hours, but it is in your system and stays there for a day or so.
    I believe more than a day. Ever have friend ask for your urine before his job interview?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by FishTX View Post
    I believe more than a day. Ever have friend ask for your urine before his job interview?

Nope, but if someone did they would receive some impressively clean pee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Irrelevant.
    Irrelevant to you maybe. But not to the defense...

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/11/yanez-defense-wants-jury-to-know-about-philando-castiles-past-marijuana-use/

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...lando-castile/

Last edited by NZ Indicator; 06-24-2017 at 12:18 PM.