Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think we should discuss this.

I think we should discuss this.

In fact, I can't believe we haven't.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/21/ph...ws-a-cop-who-p

Another case for body cams, maybe.. Did the cop panic and lose it..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

You can see the cop's dash cam footage here.

Also the writer does a decent round-up of the applicable law.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...nt=police-fear

So basically all a cop has to say is he/she feared for their life and they get a "get out jail free" card. The line certainly has been drawn in the polices' favour..

Mike

My sister is a cop---and has been decorated and recognized numerous times (deserved as well)

She told me you do not have to be a rocket scientist or a superior being----just apply common sense---and apparently many do not.

Also there a forces up here actually looking for slightly more mature candidates---they come with life experience and often that common sense assessment qualities

I have no idea how anyone can tell what went down there. You figure something strange had to happen for him to shoot like that.
    Only the cop knows for sure.

When you inform that you are carrying (which some states require by law) you DON'T MOVE. Keep your dick skinners on the steering wheel and ask the cop what he would like you to do.

That said, this cop panicked and overreacted, and he knows it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Did the dreds and skin color enter into it? I think the cop knows the answer to this also..

Mike

Both are good articles. I agree that Yanez's fear was unreasonable. If i were on the jury, I might also question his testimony based on his marijuana comment. Using that logic, a large part of the world's population (including cigarette smokers) don't care about anybody's life but their own. Sounds fishy. Like he was reaching for an explanation for his fear rather than actually recounting what went through his head.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post
    So basically all a cop has to say is he/she feared for their life and they get a "get out jail free" card. The line certainly has been drawn in the polices' favour..

Mike
    Which is why they can kill people with impunity. This needs to change.

I don't know if it is racism or stupidity. But I suspect that bias based on appearance played a factor.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan