Thread: To all the Big names that donated millions to the GA race.

To all the Big names that donated millions to the GA race.

Maybe all those millions would be better utilized actually helping people in need....

Lots of #hottakes on the special election last night and this morning. I feel fairly confident about 99% of them are wrong.

I think it is funny that you believe that only the Democrats raised millions from outside donors.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    Lots of #hottakes on the special election last night and this morning. I feel fairly confident about 99% of them are wrong.
    You're underestimating the wrongness.

Interesting point to me is that this was Newt Gingrich's old District (or at least substantial parts of it), and it took $25 million for a Republican to hold onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    I know, I couldn't help it. All the hype I had to read all over the news sites the last few weeks about the "Trump Slayer" made me do it. Sorry.

Dems learned nothing apparently from the November 2016 debacle. Same leadership, same results, same bleak looking future.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    Dems learned nothing apparently from the November 2016 debacle. Same leadership, same results, same bleak looking future.
    Indeed!

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    Let's get real here, this is Newt Gingrich territory. The fact that a Democrat could not win this heavily gerrymandered district tells us nothing.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan