Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COTUS is unanimous for the Slants

COTUS is unanimous for the Slants

No more safe space at the trademark office, I guess.

Edit: What the hell happened to the "S?"

Read that the band leader still thinks the Redskins ought to change their name.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gov Dean, call your office. They have a message for you.

A pretty predictable outcome.

Buffco, are you suggesting that the owners, staff, and players at the Redskins are Native American? That would literally be the only way that your comment was something other than a bitchy whine.

You have a lack of history here, Eugene.

Sometimes, it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    A pretty predictable outcome.

Buffco, are you suggesting that the owners, staff, and players at the Redskins are Native American? That would literally be the only way that your comment was something other than a bitchy whine.
    Here we go again. If you are so upset about not being welcomed here, perhaps think about your antagonistic replies?

I thought it was ironic that this group fought for free speech, even if said speech is deemed offensive by some, yet they don't think that the Washington team has the same right.

The takeaway is offensive speech is only allowed when the person is of the ethnic background or group being stereotyped by said speech. No I don't think the owners are native American, and I also think that is beside the point.
    Last edited by Buffco; 06-20-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Did the Slants say that the Redskins should change its name or that the Redskins should be forced by the government to change its name? Those are two very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Did the Slants say that the Redskins should change its name or that the Redskins should be forced by the government to change its name? Those are two very different things.
    Indeed they are different.

The Slants are suggesting that only the identifying group may use terms deemed offensive to said group. I just happen to disagree.

Just as long as I don't have to change my Fighting Yid team mascot.

So, when the newly graduated Eden was applying for colleges five years ago, she applied to, in her words, "Jew-lane." (A very common nickname for Tulane among Jews given the very large Jewish population there).

My wife, the shiksa queen, goes totally PC telling Eden she can't say things like that.

The then 17 year old Eden looked at her stepmother and said, "I can say that. YOU can't say that."

I will no longer accept hearing the word Ginger from those without two copies of a recessive MC1R allele.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk