Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: OK It's Official---The World Has lost It

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenladle View Post
    Yup, it's unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    The left has lost it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Unstable can be interpreted in so many ways. We don't disallow firearms possession for someone's definition of unstable, thank God. Because none of us would be able to own one. Either he was a felon, or he wasn't. If he wasn't, he was allowed to own firearms.
    In either case, I don't think it should be as easy as ordering a pizza and probably harder than registering a car.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    In any event I'm saddened to see this event politicized here.
    Well, it was a politically motivated shooting. He even made sure that it was Republicans before he started shooting.
    Last edited by MikeA; 06-15-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    That guy is not my side and he should have never been allowed to own a gun.
    In either case, I don't think it should be as easy as ordering a pizza and probably harder than registering a car.
    The tool used shouldn't be part of this discussion. A better discussion would be who this individual is and what were his motives.

So now you want to regulate thought?

Take ease, then. There are no FBI NICS checks or ATF agents looking at your background when you order a pizza.

Own this. If we had a rightwad shooting up a ballfield full of Democrats during Obama's reign, this thread would've gone 15 pages by now. The right would be hearing all about how our hateful, racist rhetoric towards Obama inspired this act to take place, and you know it. Comic would have posted about 4 pictures of an Obama effigy being hung from a pole.

No one has posted a single picture of Kathy Griffin holding Trump's severed head, or peeped a word about the play that's about assassinating Trump, or posted any screen caps of Twitter where users are calling for someone to shoot the guy. I'm not saying he's representative of all of the left, or even a significant portion of it, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Own this. If we had a rightwad shooting up a ballfield full of Democrats during Obama's reign, this thread would've gone 15 pages by now. The right would be hearing all about how our hateful, racist rhetoric towards Obama inspired this act to take place, and you know it. Comic would have posted about 4 pictures of an Obama effigy being hung from a pole.

No one has posted a single picture of Kathy Griffin holding Trump's severed head, or peeped a word about the play that's about assassinating Trump, or posted any screen caps of Twitter where users are calling for someone to shoot the guy. I'm not saying he's representative of all of the left, or even a significant portion of it, just pointing out the hypocrisy.
    Ok, I'll throw some fuel on the fire. But first let me explain. As I am wont to do at times I listen to right-wing radio for about 30 minutes when there are significant events. You could hear in Hannity's voice that he wanted Scalise to die so, so badly. He was yearning for the man's death so that he could further politicize it and make him a rightwad martyr. As Hannity et al. are the conscience of the far right and they are seeing this as just another juicy propaganda piece, why should I care about the individual? Another factor is that Rep Scalise was possibly associated with white supremacist groups.

So, given those two things, I am just about as concerned for this guy getting shot as the republican lawmakers were concerned about the Sandy Hook shootings. I'm not saying that this isn't totally screwed, morally wrong and indicative of our horrible political situation, but I'm not going to shed a tear for this guy. Just more blood on the alter of the 2nd Amendment, right?

Harsh? You bet.

I may or may not apologize for the above statement later on but that is how I feel now. This whole thing is so screwed up but that is where we are as a society. Broken with no real hope of repair in my onion.

I need to go fishing...

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    Ok, I'll throw some fuel on the fire. But first let me explain. As I am wont to do at times I listen to right-wing radio for about 30 minutes when there are significant events. You could hear in Hannity's voice that he wanted Scalise to die so, so badly. He was yearning for the man's death so that he could further politicize it and make him a rightwad martyr. As Hannity et al. are the conscience of the far right and they are seeing this as just another juicy propaganda piece, why should I care about the individual? Another factor is that Rep Scalise was possibly associated with white supremacist groups.

So, given those two things, I am just about as concerned for this guy getting shot as the republican lawmakers were concerned about the Sandy Hook shootings. I'm not saying that this isn't totally screwed, morally wrong and indicative of our horrible political situation, but I'm not going to shed a tear for this guy. Just more blood on the alter of the 2nd Amendment, right?

Harsh? You bet.

I may or may not apologize for the above statement later on but that is how I feel now. This whole thing is so screwed up but that is where we are as a society. Broken with no real hope of repair in my onion.

I need to go fishing...
    I'll watch this...but I'm hoping it's not this bad

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post

Harsh? You bet.

I need to go fishing...
    Brutally honest. I like it.
    I don't know much about Scalise, but the evidence looks weak. Let's try not to forget that Obama sat in church with Rev Wright spewing hatred from the pulpit... The whole race thing has been played so often it's hard to give it much credence anymore. Trying to kill as many republicans as you can is a whole other box of worms.