Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OK It's Official---The World Has lost It

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Except, those weren't names out of a hat. They can all be found in this months breaking news, or at central park today... Advocating killing the POTUS.
    You should have played referee more when all the other broad brush pile on threads were racking up page counts. Maybe I'd take your opinion more serious today.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    he should have never been allowed to own a gun.
    Why not? Was he a felon prior to the shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by FishTX View Post
    Pile on threads? Are your knickers in a twist because more than one person at a time argued with you? I'm not responsible for the balance of political opinions or any other opinion on the board. Unless somebody was breaking board rules, it isn't my problem.
    Not at all. I couldn't care less about the pile ons I've been a part of here. I always try to take something away from them. But like most here, I've been a member for a pretty good while. I remember when all but less than a handful of conservative minded members (a truly great group of guys BTW) were banned, or run off while the opposing side seemingly got a pass. That happened. It turned into a liberal echo chamber for a long time after that and not much fun, so more members left. So no I don't need a tissue comic. I've never had, tried to get, or even suggested, that someone be banned here. You?
    Last edited by MikeA; 06-15-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Never suggested anyone get banned. They were not run off they ran off crying like the precious little snowflakes they were.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Why not? Was he a felon prior to the shooting?
    actually I am not sure, I know he had been arrested for abusing his girlfriend and he clearly was unstable.

Ya know...enough years go by---I definitely do not want to be defined as a person by the last party I voted for...

Conservative minded members---Liberal lefties----this is what the establishment wants you to do

I want to tell people...I fish...I hunt...I paint...I have a great family....I love the outdoors....and I save a shiny little piece of my ass for politicians to kiss...and I try to live free----this hating for something so nuts ---that only boils down to...I won and you lost...is so much a waste of a too short of life.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    actually I am not sure, I know he had been arrested for abusing his girlfriend and he clearly was unstable.
    Unstable can be interpreted in so many ways. We don't disallow firearms possession for someone's definition of unstable, thank God. Because none of us would be able to own one. Either he was a felon, or he wasn't. If he wasn't, he was allowed to own firearms.
    Last edited by Buffco; 06-15-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Unstable can be interpreted in so many ways. We don't disallow firearms possession for someone's definition of unstable, thank God. Because none of us would be able to own one. Either he was a felon, or he wasn't. If he wasn't, he was allowed to own firearms.
    Many, but not all jurisdictions do not allow those under a PFA order to buy or possess guns. I do not know if his girlfriend had one.

In any event I'm saddened to see this event politicized here.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    In any event I'm saddened to see this event politicized here.
    Yup, it's unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    actually his statement was measured and appropriate. We'll see what he does on Twitter, but so far so good.
    I was being facetious. But yeah he has handled this appropriately.