Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys , post something

Has our new friend 'Eugene' ever described wtf he is? Maybe I missed it, but the only term that comes to my mind is "annoying twit" and makes me wish to have Kanaloa back

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Help edify the ignorant, then. What would you call your descriptions of the members you wrote about?
    Accurate.

extra letters

magalloway, I'm interested in understanding what I've written that you think makes me an annoying twit. Also, I'm wondering if you could do a critical comparison to the posts of others, to see if there is actually a difference in terms of what I post, or if it is merely the fact that I am not one of you that you think makes me annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Accurate.

extra letters
    In a search for edification, I ask, would you say what you said about GeorgeK to his face? And are you suggesting that I'm NOT welcome here in your analysis of me? Or were you hinting at something else?

I love learning.
    Last edited by Buffco; 06-20-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Comparing person-to-person interaction to on-line interaction has been a logical fallacy since shortly after the internet was created. How often do you think magalloway actually says to people IRL that he thinks they are annoying twits? I doubt he has done so in the last decade.

Clearly, you are welcome in this virtual space, my point is that it IS virtual space. Space where you've created a persona, imagined a set of other personae, created a whole series of interactions that played out in your head, enhanced there by your imagination (which is the whole point of virtual realities). And based on these virtual interactions, you've created what Kanaloa would have called a "head movie," and for once he would have been right. You're welcome here is fairly pointless, just as my unwelcome is pointless. You all don't know a thing about me, but a fair number of you have decided I'm not welcome. What does that tell you?

So, I'll take that as a no for my first question. Who's creating a persona now?

Secondly, I've never decided you aren't welcome. And finally, it seems awfully ironic that you state that we don't know a thing about you, but you've deduced (accurately, I believe you said) our real life personalities by observing our posts.

Do we simply need to study your posts for a while longer so we can accurately ascertain what kind of person you are? What kind of time period are we talking about?

This is a fascinating study, and I appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by magalloway View Post
    Has our new friend 'Eugene' ever described wtf he is? Maybe I missed it, but the only term that comes to my mind is "annoying twit" and makes me wish to have Kanaloa back

Jim
    Unlikely...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post

Do we simply need to study your posts for a while longer so we can accurately ascertain what kind of person you are? What kind of time period are we talking about?

This is a fascinating study, and I appreciate your input.
    You missed a yuge hint...

"GeorgeK plays the enlightened upper cruster, well-off but still "down with" the simpler ways of life, ignoring the reality of his expensive tastes."

Eugene - Thank you for saving me thousands of dollars in analyst's bills.

BTW - I do not think you are a twit or an asshole, but rather just another hollow soul consumed with hostility and certitude; keyboarding away, sending streams of electrons into the void.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenladle View Post
    You missed a yuge hint...
    I still don't see it. I had a theory but I'm not sure.