Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys , post something

Guys , post something

I'm at a conference and could use the diversion.

I thought perhaps Eugene would provide an anthropological deep dive, but he appears to have been a flash in the pan.

Friday's fishing was outstanding. Cloudy, no wind, and a great hatch for almost 4 hours. It was an epic dry fly day out of the float tube. Hundreds of takes, many misses, many LDR's, but even with that I got dozens of large fish to the net.
    Wish you were there.

I wish I was too Gary

I have a 4 week old piglet down with something. Laying on it's side and kicking but can't stand. Of course it chose to go down at the far end of the pen and was covered in grey slimy pig shit.

I wrapped her up in a feed sack and drove her back to the house. Got pig shit all over my shirt and my truck. The twins were bouncing up and down in the back seat, complaining about the smell. I thought about shooting the boys and the hog. Got home, injected her with iron and penicillin, used a bulb syringe to force an egg yolk down her throat and washed her with some warm water and Dawn dish detergent. Put her in a box in my shop.

I checked on her this morning and she had flopped enough to knock the box over and was floundering around in the shop. The entire shop stank like rancid sour milk and shit. The wife just texted and asked about the pig. Told her it was wandering around, maybe standing a little better. She texted back in all caps, "I HAVE STUFF IN THAT SHOP!" So, I'm probably in trouble when I get home. Got to figure out how much this pig just cost me in "stuff" that the wife doesn't even need, but I'll have to replace.

TLDR: Living the good life.

The redneck just went right out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    The redneck just went right out of me.
    There's nothing like nurturing a helpless animal, man. Watching it overcome it's illness or injury, scratching it's head as it oinks in utter contentment while you feed it, and then putting a bullet right in it's brain pan and serving up that delicious pork.

I can see Buff in his golden years wearing bright red suspenders and riding around town on a lawn tractor ..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    There's nothing like nurturing a helpless animal, man. Watching it overcome it's illness or injury, scratching it's head as it oinks in utter contentment while you feed it, and then putting a bullet right in it's brain pan and serving up that delicious pork.
    It's like giving health care to a guy on death row.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    It's like giving health care to a guy on death row.
    Now THAT is ridiculous. Unless you're going to eat the guy and have an interest in his well being.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Haha - My 4H project was a pig named Rosy. Rosy followed me around the farm like a puppy. We didn't win shit and she ended up in the freezer. That would cause most people today to stop eating bacon.