Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comey hearings

Comey hearings

Didn't seem to be that much there, at least in the public session that just ended. Donald will live to tweet another day.

McCain has lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Didn't seem to be that much there, at least in the public session that just ended. Donald will live to tweet another day.
    disagree.

McCain has lost it.
    Yeah it didn't go well. Poor bastard. Ask not for whom the bell tolls.

What do you think was there?

Donald will live. I just think that a lot came out, about Loretta Lynch, Flynn, Trump's obvious intent to end the investigation, Comey forcing the issue of the special prosecutor, Trump's lying, etc.

It just ended so it will take a while to process.

I found it. . .telling, I suppose, that Comey never felt the need to memorialize a conversation with either GW Bush or Obama in the way that he did with Trump. And we know that he talked to Dubya about matters of the utmost national importance. But he didn't feel like they would lie about what was said. I find that telling.

I was thinking just in terms of Trump's survival. I don't think Comey did himself any favors with admitting that the leaks came from him.

I think the most important thing vis a vis Trump was that there was no attempt on his part to even insinuate that Comey drop the investigation into whether the campaign colluded with the Russians.

And I really don't see that much wrong with Trump asking that Comey announce he wasn't under investigation. I get why Comey wouldn't (particularly after Hillary), but asking seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    I found it. . .telling, I suppose, that Comey never felt the need to memorialize a conversation with either GW Bush or Obama in the way that he did with Trump. And we know that he talked to Dubya about matters of the utmost national importance. But he didn't feel like they would lie about what was said. I find that telling.
    I agree, Comey called the Donald a liar, without actually saying the word.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    It leaves a bad taste, sure. But this guy's opinion that Trump couldn't be trusted to tell the truth, is, in the end, just one man's opinion.

The odor factor around the whole matter and the way the President conducted himself is pretty high but I agree--unfortunately Trump will be able to continue damaging the nation and the world.

McCain has lost it.
    That was embarrassing---he needs to hang em up