Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Making America Great Again

Every time I walk thru areas that are that thick with foliage and vegetation----In the back of my mind is one word.....Bear!!

Only black bears here. They are more scared of you than you are of them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NZ Indicator; 06-04-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    Well, at least Joe, Sherb, Steven, BuffMOT, Wayne and Mike A will save a couple hundred dollars in federal tax liability per year. So there's that...
    I wouldn't expect to save a dime. I'm just interesting in my company being able to compete with our foreign competitors. A new Cayman company with a significant tax advantage just bought one of our competitors and will use an offshore reinsurance structure to effectively lower its tax rate to somewhere between 15%-20% while we still pay 35%.

This shit is real and it matters.

Does either party have a program to reduce offshoring? I don't recall Trump saying anything about companies relocating in the Cayman's, etc. He wants to tax imports, but relocating the company headquarters to avoid taxes seems to still be going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I wouldn't expect to save a dime. I'm just interesting in my company being able to compete with our foreign competitors. A new Cayman company with a significant tax advantage just bought one of our competitors and will use an offshore reinsurance structure to effectively lower its tax rate to somewhere between 15%-20% while we still pay 35%.

This shit is real and it matters.
    Interesting take when I consider all the times you have defended this company's practices in the past.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Which company is that exactly?
    What practices exactly?

Joe,

That top picture looks like a certain section of the Willow.

Turns out our Chief Investor Officer has recently discovered fly fishing. I promised to take him up once the hoppers start.

Joe,

I always enjoy your fishing pictures. Your home territory is very scenic!

Which company is that exactly?
    What practices exactly?
    Can you say obtuse? I knew you could.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Joe,

That top picture looks like a certain section of the Willow.
    It also looks like a spot on Lost Creek