Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MT Congressional Candidate Assaults Reporter

Can we discuss the reporters rudeness? I mean, do you get a free pass to be an absolutely rude dick because you have a press card?

Jacobs bursts in; interrupts an interview with other press; shoves a microphone in the guy's face; is told to wait; refuses; is told to talk to the press secretary; refuses; and then gets leg tripped, mounted, and yelled at.

How is he any different from paparazzi? Nobody gives a damn if Sean Penn beats the shit out of one of those guys.

He (Gianforte) is in the wrong side of access to public assets. He is on the wrong side of the "give public land to the states" gambit. He has a bad temper and while he hasn't assaulted anyone before, he has had enthusiastic words with reporters before. He lost his run for gov. To a democrat in a state that elected Trump by 21 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenladle View Post
    To be honest, last night when I first heard about what happened I really didn't care too much and wrote it off as the usual bullshit surrounding journalism and politics as they exist today. It wasn't until I went to vote and over heard a small group of people standing outside the entrance to vote saying the reporter deserves worse.

This country is seriously dysfunctional right now and I see absolutely no effort on the part of the controlling party to try and bring the divided, together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Uber partisanship is a course they All take---You VS Me---Remember "I could shoot a guy on 5th Ave and get away with it"

Unfortunately this is not specific to the US----Power and Greed picked up on this for some time worldwide---The last clown we had here was a good student of that class

There needs to be a huge shift in thinking and tolerance to move fwd.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Can we discuss the reporters rudeness? I mean, do you get a free pass to be an absolutely rude dick because you have a press card?

Oh, I thought the reporter was an officious prick, but that doesn't give Gianforte free reign to handle as needed. A campaign is a stress test, and the test is simple: can you, day after day, in response to every asshole reporter, issue some bland inoffensive campaign boilerplate? If you can't, look for a different line of work.

Simple, but not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by CO Native View Post
    This is what's wrong with our world today. In Sparta Ben Jacobs would have been punted as a baby. In today's society the weak, ugly and sickly reproduce which creates a product like Ben Jacobs and he's even allowed to reproduce.
    We need more Sparta!!
    Good news! Your application to the SA has been accepted. What size brown shirt should we order for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post

There needs to be a huge shift in thinking and tolerance to move fwd.
    Yeah, but it can't be shoved down people's throats. The Dems need to lay off the identify politics. Look, the "bathroom bill" controversy in NC and now TX is deplorable policy, but why not let them just suffer for it? Look how much money NC lost. I tend to think that the future of the western world marches on inexorably towards tolerance, inclusion and secularism. Bumps along this slow road are to be expected. We don't need to prod it along with such vigor. All that does is get the people who are angry about the loss of traditional values (whatever the hell that even means) all riled up and ready to fight.
    Sometimes I wonder if the liberals are playing right into the hands of the conservatives when it comes to these things.

All of their faux outrage over what amounts to a shoving match is definitely playing into the hands of the opposition.

Look, Gianforte lost his shit, was investigated and cited for the incident. It's not exactly civilization-ending, no matter what the more hysterical out there might say.
    Last edited by sherb; 05-26-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    Yeah, but it can't be shoved down people's throats. The Dems need to lay off the identify politics. Look, the "bathroom bill" controversy in NC and now TX is deplorable policy, but why not let them just suffer for it? Look how much money NC lost. I tend to think that the future of the western world marches on inexorably towards tolerance, inclusion and secularism. Bumps along this slow road are to be expected. We don't need to prod it along with such vigor. All that does is get the people who are angry about the loss of traditional values (whatever the hell that even means) all riled up and ready to fight.
    Sometimes I wonder if the liberals are playing right into the hands of the conservatives when it comes to these things.
    Dude...It's beyond a special interest bathroom bill----You need to get tolerant of repubs and vice versa---it's that base line---worry about saving alien abductees after ya get along with your next door neighbor

Yeah, its interesting. Generally everyone gets along until the subjects of politics or religion come up.

I have no sympathy for those scum sucking attention whores looking to sensationalize on others misfortune or create some bullshit story.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.