Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MT Congressional Candidate Assaults Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenladle View Post

Since when is it ok to get assaulted for just doing your job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boxing.....Unless Tyson is involved---then it sways from assault towards cannibalism

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenladle View Post

Since when is it ok to get assaulted for just doing your job?
    One of my friends works for the local electric company. Part of his job entails turning off the power for those that don't pay their bill which also involves going to their house and informing them of this and doing the disconnections at the meter.

He gets assaulted quite often by the homeowners for doing his job. Both verbally and physically.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    One of my friends works for the local electric company. Part of his job entails turning off the power for those that don't pay their bill which also involves going to their house and informing them of this and doing the disconnections at the meter.

He gets assaulted quite often by the homeowners for doing his job. Both verbally and physically.
    I'll bet. that would suck. I hope he's well-compensated for it.

Gianforte has raised over $100K in 24 hours.

I guess there really is no such thing as bad publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So, what, this little story makes it ok to assault others because you disagree about something?

I think it's pathetic that people are coming out of the woodwork since President Intellect was elected that think kicking somebody's ass because you disagree with them is quite alright. Gianforte' behavior was unconscionable and has no place in politics or any place else.

A couple of random thoughts, in no particular order of importance.

1. Gianforte shouldn't have touched that reporter.
    2. Answering annoying questions is what people who hold elective office are required to do.
    3. The outrage is way out of proportion to the actual offense
    4. A campaign for elected office is stressful and at the end of it (like today) people are at their breaking point.
    5. There is apparently no issue that is beyond partisanship.
    6. Gianforte may be the most unpopular person on social media, but that doesn't make him unpopular generally. Plenty of people won't have an issue with it.
    6. Somebody do it to Sean Hannity now.

To be honest, last night when I first heard about what happened I really didn't care too much and wrote it off as the usual bullshit surrounding journalism and politics as they exist today. It wasn't until I went to vote and over heard a small group of people standing outside the entrance to vote saying the reporter deserves worse.

This country is seriously dysfunctional right now and I see absolutely no effort on the part of the controlling party to try and bring the divided, together.

so a bunch of people want Gianforte to apologize, but I think given the lateness of the hour and the fact that criminal charges are pending, he won't. Maybe after he wins.

I think it should have been an easy seat to hold, but Gianforte is on the wrong side of stream access*, and that's going to hurt him more than roughing up a reporter.

*that's pretty much the outer limits of what I know about MT politics.