Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Says "Get Me An Artist"

Trump Says "Get Me An Artist"

And get him to catch some nice 12-14 inch Crappies and a kicker Gator

Sorry boys--no flies---1/16 oz jig under a slip bobber ( We'll call a strike indicator)

I grew up in an area that fall between the South and Southwest. A little of both I guess. Jigs for crappie are almost as popular as minnows down here. I won't judge you. Well that and I've only caught one crappie on a fly and that was a Clouser Minnow.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

What do you do with crappie up there? We fry 'em. O.K., we fry everything that we don't barbecue.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Caught a ton of those suckers growing up in Northern California. There were three former dredger ponds nearby with smallmouths and crappies. We'd only keep the bigger ones, fillet them, bread them and fry the hell out of 'em. A large crappie fillet is about the size of a Swedish pancake, but with no bones to deal with, they're a real treat. Funny, in the half-dozen years that I was fishing the ponds, I think I caught maybe three smallies, all on live dragonflies.

Jim

They're getting fried for dinner tomorrow----batter mix--fried in oil

Catch them thru the ice myself during winter. They taste much betterer than summer crappie. True story.

Fried up in a thin layer of peanut oil.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Catch them thru the ice myself during winter. They taste much betterer than summer crappie. True story.

Fried up in a thin layer of peanut oil.

Do you like the peanut oil for this??...Last time we used veg oil---house "smelled" for a day---was gonna use canola oil---it's ok---leaves a bit of an aftertaste

Canola or Peanut...best taste. I never use vegetable oil.

Can't tell you the last time we even had veg oil in our house. Peanut, Olive, Canola and coconut oil is all we stock.

You can even zest 'em up a little and marinate in a small amount of lemon juice and some dill weed.

Last edited by NZ Indicator; 05-25-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Memorial weekend fun. I usually trout fish on this weekend but changed it up a little this year.

Curious that crappie and walleye, two of the best eating fresh water fish are among the least fun to catch - just dead weight, really.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.