Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's lament

Today's lament

If there was ever a time for me to suffer the wrath of the moderators (if any are left) and scream, "SHIT FIRE AND SAVE MATCHES!" this is it. I just took some new materials down to the basement tying room, opened the door, and realized that the wall covering the main outlet sewer pipe and the front sump pump, along with about two feet of carpet, are covered with 3-4" mushrooms. I suspect the sump pump isn't functioning, but I'm not sure, and I'm right in the middle of helping getting ready for a ten-person birthday party, so I can't do much about it today. If I can manage to sneak down, I'll move as many plastic materials boxes out as I can and find a cat-proof place for them. Don'cha just love extremely long, wet springs followed immediately by 90 degree days?

Jim

Any morels? Just askin'..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post

Mike
    I am devoid of morels, only ethics--they're tender, but a little gamey.

You can have as many of what's down there as you wish to come pick, however.

Jim

I would have said "Holy shitake."
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post

Mike
    Does this look like a crowd that has morels?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Don't truffle with me..

Mike

Damn. Hopefully all of your materials are in good shape. Best of luck in controlling the leakage.

Ouch!!---You bet it's been a wet spring here as well

Ya did'nt stumble on any Magic ones did Ya??....Askin for an old hippy I know

I'm suspecting this is going to end up a chronicle like Pio's airstream, but I hope a little shorter. I spent today packing up and de-catting, or throwing out, twenty-five years worth of tying materials and sundries. I have plastic bins (luckily, 90% was already binned and there was no water damage) duct-taped and piled all over the basement. Once I finished that I decided that I had to pull up the old carpet, a job kind of like pulling impacted wisdom teeth because my tying table is an old teacher's desk with a Formica cover glued to the top, weighs the better part of two hundred pounds, and I'm not about to move it out of the room.

Anyway, I spent the better part of two hours wallowing in unmentionable filth and cutting the carpet into manageable strips that I could pull/finagle/tear around the damned desk. Carpet is now in the trailer, ready for the dump, and I'm ready to strip to the skin for a long, hot shower, and no, Buff, I don't need anyone to hand me the shampoo, thanks.

Himself

At least you caught it before your whole basement was ruined..

Mike