Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Local Controversy

Hammer Down!

Quote Originally Posted by CO Native View Post
    Let 'em boycott. Then maybe tickets will be easier to get and I may fly out there for the concert and hear me a little "Cat scratch fever".
    Oh hell...you fly over this way and I'll even take ya trout fishing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    It's a concert but some don't like "his" free speech is the problem.

Forget the crap he says and just go there and enjoy his music if you like it or here's an idea...don't go at all if you don't like his music or political views.

That some want to cancel a musician from playing at a fair or be upset about it because of differing political views is just plain azz dumb.

Generally I'm not in favor of disinviting speakers or talent, but Nugent isn't a hapless academic or think tank fellow. He's a political bomb-thrower, and when you throw bombs, some are gonna get lobbed back your way. He's not JUST a musician, in other words.

Anyway, the libs asked, the fair said no, so. . .nothing to see here. Nugent gets to continue to exercise his "right" to free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    It's a free-for-all
    Well done!!!

I believe "Free For All" was the first hard rock album I ever owned. It was either that or "Rocks" by Aerosmith.

Comic loves Nugent's music. That must cause him a fair amount of soul-searching.

Nugent: A no talent hack who now tries to get noticed and be even close to relevant by yelling outlandish things---Much like Trump

Plus...giving Real hunters a bad name by trying to convince you he is one

Quote Originally Posted by tim_s View Post
    weird how the rightwads love a draft dodging pedophile who is a twice convicted poacher to boot

love how they suspend their actual conservative (and even supposed religious) beliefs when someone spews bullshit they happen to agree with
    At first I couldn't get Joe's link to open. I guess my work computers don't like snowflakewatch.org.

So when I read your comment I thought to my self "When did Trump get busted for poaching?"

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Snowflakes don't like free speech...

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/sto...how/100595254/

I will think about this while I look at Youtube videos of people being violently ejected from Trump rallies.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan