Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    As for O'Reilly, apparently it's not true that if you're a celebrity, you can just grab 'em by the you know what.
    He did get away with it for over a decade.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    He did get away with it for over a decade.
    His old boss, Roger Ayles, was a snowflake - never humiliated him in public. A certain board member must be gushing with admiration for the tough love shown by the young Murdoch Bros.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

You sir are on fire.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    Time and again prominent conservative personalities have failed to uphold basic standards of morality or even decency. Time and again the conservative public has rallied around them, seeking to protect their own against the wrath of a vengeful Left. Time and again the defense has proved unsustainable as the sheer weight of the facts buries the accused.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ture-character
    This is whey I didn't understand your "why die on this hill" quote from yesterday. O'Reilly hung himself with his own actions.

O’Reilly’s fall can be an important act of public hygiene, but only if it represents the beginning of the end of a conservative culture that makes us behave like the cultural enemies we purport to despise. Otherwise conservatives will hand the Left more scalps, forfeit more public trust, and ultimately lose because of their single-minded quest to win.
    Unfortunately, Fox News is in control. Has been for a long time. Ultimately, they don't care about winning anymore. Who do you think Hannity voted for? Guarantee that cretin pulled the lever for Crooked Hillary as that provides much larger ratings ($$$) for him and his ego. The monster is out of control.

I was talking about the snowflake comment in the Original post but it only made sense in the context of yesterday's arguments.

I don't care about O'reilly.

I agree 100% with that article. It's a great and honest and brave take.
    Last edited by sherb; 04-21-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    I agree 100% with That article. It's a great and honest and brave take.
    Sure, I agree too. It isn't going to happen, but it is nice for someone to at least espouse a call to decency and honesty (on both sides).

meteoric fall of Tomi Lauren?

What did I miss? To be honest I never understood why anyone would care what that embryo would have to say about anything she has all the life experience of a tick.

"feeding the same kind of instinct that causes leftists to lap up content from John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Stephen Colbert." You do get that these are all comedians right?
    Last edited by fishingcomic; 04-21-2017 at 04:26 AM.

Political movements are about personalities, not ideas

I would argue that the choice between between Newt Gingrich and Bill Clinton was all about policy. At the end of the day despite his flaws, Americans preferred Clinton's vision of America over Gingrich's. I know that is a hard pill for conservatives to swallow. But the choice was not as superficial as some would like to believe.