Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Snowflakes Please

First off, every kid hired at Safeway is told of every aspect of the job. They know they must collect carts in all weather. So all of that blather of explaining to her and helping here is BS.
    If she did her job when told to do her job, she wouldn't have had any of this happen, but she thought she was "above" that part of the job.
    Funny how my kid was a buggy bitch at Safeway for just short of 2 years in high school and he never had anything like this happen to him. Why? Because he did what he was told.

All you people that think this is wrong, and to harsh, are what's wrong with this society today. Kids need to learn early that there are consequences for their actions. This is not being learned by today's youth.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    Some would not agree.
    Snowflakes wouldn't for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CO Native View Post
    First off, every kid hired at Safeway is told of every aspect of the job. They know they must collect carts in all weather. So all of that blather of explaining to her and helping here is BS.
    If she did her job when told to do her job, she wouldn't have had any of this happen, but she thought she was "above" that part of the job.
    Funny how my kid was a buggy bitch at Safeway for just short of 2 years in high school and he never had anything like this happen to him. Why? Because he did what he was told.

All you people that think this is wrong, and to harsh, are what's wrong with this society today. Kids need to learn early that there are consequences for their actions. This is not being learned by today's youth.
    ^^^This.

Which is why we have a high percentage of young adult pansies these days.

There was probably a legitimate reason that dental agency posted the help wanted ad as they did.. Probably due to experiences with past employees.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post

Shawn just posted that the military taught him not to humiliate in public. Are our military non-coms and officers being taught by snowflakes?

I know it's all masturbatory to celebrate a good old public chewing out, and while I agree the girl needed to be taught, the manager is still an asshole. She learned nothing from that experience at all. He's not a leader, whatsoever. There's a HUGE difference between being a leader and being a boss/manager.

^^^This.

Which is why we have a high percentage of young adult pansies these days.

There was probably a legitimate reason that dental agency posted the help wanted ad as they did.. Probably due to experiences with past employees.

Or the guy is just an a$$hole..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    Shawn just posted that the military taught him not to humiliate in public. Are our military non-coms and officers being taught by snowflakes?

I know it's all masturbatory to celebrate a good old public chewing out, and while I agree the girl needed to be taught, the manager is still an asshole. She learned nothing from that experience at all. He's not a leader, whatsoever. There's a HUGE difference between being a leader and being a boss/manager.
    Exactly. Treating others with harsh sarcasm may make one (and observers) feel good, but more often than not it is really just taking the easy way out and reflective of weakness on the part of the person being harsh and sarcastic.

Not snowflakes, but those who understand that youthful experience shapes the adult we become.

The best example is child abuse and child sexual molestation: those who commit those crimes are likely to have been victims of them in their own childhood.

In a non-criminal and much more general sense those who grew-up in a secure, fair and loving environment are likely to be secure adults who treat others fairly. Those who grew-up in an emotionally cruel and harsh environment are likely to be insecure as adults, and take out their insecurities on others. The dentist, the supermarket manager and The Donald are good candidates for the latter. In the President's case what we know of how he was raised bears this out, for the we others we can only speculate.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    This is probably shocking, but he probably did do the job himself when he was younger.
    Doubt it, because he wouldn't be such an ass about it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by CO Native View Post

Other than the what's wrong with society bullshit, I actually agree with some of this. She knew the job was dangerous when she took it. The supervisor is also an ass and were I his boss, we would talk.
    Last edited by fishingcomic; 04-19-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post

A successful manager gets their people to do the job without publicly humiliating them. This guy is probably an example of the Peter Principle. In my new role as a supervisor, I am actually measured by attrition.