Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: No Snowflakes Please

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    That's why all kids should have to move sprinkler pipe at least once in their lives. Your feet don't stay dry. And you will very much appreciate any other job.

sweet corn for farm stands is best picked before the sun hits it, converting the sugars to starch

nothing like riding your bike 3-5 miles as a 12 year old to don rain gear that doesn't fit so you can pick corn from soaking wet rows taller than you at 5am

that's what i call summer vacation
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

When I was a toddler I worked in a Super Walmart in Death Valley picking wet sweet corn and harvesting rice, coconuts and potatoes at 3:00 a.m., all in my satin high heels. Afterwards I would bag these and other items and carry them out to customers' boats, then bring in all the carts. Having no bicycle with which to commute I had to walk seven miles in the snow, uphill both ways, against a 40 knot headwind dodging lightning bolts and stray bullets from gang warfare. I got through it by listening to Ted Nugent cassette tapes on my Sony Walkman and having Mom spike my formula with speed. When my boss criticized me in public I castrated the S.O.B. with a plastic knife from the Subway concession.

It made me the man I am today.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    Yes if he wants her to quit on the spot, yes he did.
    If she quits she was not a team player to begin with.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    When I was a toddler I worked in a Super Walmart in Death Valley picking wet sweet corn and harvesting rice, coconuts and potatoes at 3:00 a.m., all in my satin high heels. Afterwards I would bag these and other items and carry them out to customers' boats, then bring in all the carts. Having no bicycle with which to commute I had to walk seven miles in the snow, uphill both ways, against a 40 knot headwind dodging lightning bolts and stray bullets from gang warfare. I got through it by listening to Ted Nugent cassette tapes on my Sony Walkman and having Mom spike my formula with speed. When my boss criticized me in public I castrated the S.O.B. with a plastic knife from the Subway concession.

George 4 tehwin!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    If she quits she was not a team player to begin with.
    Or she has some self respect and knows she can do better.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    It was the meathead way it was handled...And having sat in on the management meetings in dealings with employees----it is not fluff---corp wants respect and courtesy with their employees
    I thought he handled it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    You may refer to 'us' as snowflakes but you are a damned boot licker.
    I don't want to ruin peoples shoes. They might get wet from saliva.

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post

Our Generation!

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    I thought he handled it well.
    You would and that is why you would not be a successful supervisor of young people. Your only chance of success would be maybe drill sergeant.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    You would and that is why you would not be a successful supervisor of young people. Your only chance of success would be maybe drill sergeant.
    I have 29 lawyers that work for me. She's a brat, and she's gonna grow up to be a toxic, entitled employee.

Are you going to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about?