Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: No Snowflakes Please

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I swear if my daughter came home and told me that the mean manager embarrassed her because she wouldn't go out because her shoes might get ruined, I'd toss her shoes in the effing rain.
    That's why all kids should have to move sprinkler pipe at least once in their lives. Your feet don't stay dry. And you will very much appreciate any other job.

Waiting for Buffy and mucking hogs in shoes..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post
    Waiting for Buffy and mucking hogs in high heels..

Mike
    Its a bold new world out there.

One thing is for certain, we all have a different vision of the girl..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

The girl---not so much

Fairly certain how unqualified the manager is tho

Everybody has a bad day...is not a licence to be an ass---he wins the I'm having a tough time at my job snowflake award by picking on a little girl----ya know---real man stuff

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    This is crazy. She was acting like a brat, she got called on it, the end. Y'all act like this is some kind of internet startup where they everybody takes naps and worries about "corporate culture" and all manner of millennial bullshit. It isn't. Its an entry level job where you do what you're told.
    No one said she shouldn't we are saying the manager is a dick and ten bucks says he is also a millenial. If not, something went terribly wrong in his life.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Because I'm sure he inherited the manager's job at Safeway. Yeah, that's it.....

Or...like most people. He went out there in the freaking rain when he was a young adult, got his shoes wet and now expects the same from his employees.
    Not talking about the safeway manager. You may have noticed I was responding to a comment about the ad.
    Last edited by fishingcomic; 04-19-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    Yeah... no...

The absolute first thing I was taught as an NCO is always to praise in public and to admonish in private. It is the golden rule of being a good supervisor of people.
    And this the military people, not a place where they cater to snowflakes like NZ.

There is nothing . . . nothing . . about being a millennial, gen Xer, boomer, greatest generation-er, or anything in between that has any bearing in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by CO Native View Post
    Okay, the store is swamped and they are short handed and the guy is doing the job of 3 people. He's supposed to walk her over to the office and be nice to her while customers are waiting? No, he handled it correctly for the situation.
    Yes if he wants her to quit on the spot, yes he did.