Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: No Snowflakes Please

I am going to tell you that I supervise 15 young people in an economy with 3.2% unemployment and if I ever behaved like that supervisor, I would be fired.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    No one said she shouldn't we are saying the manager is a dick and ten bucks says he is also a millenial. If not, something went terribly wrong in his life.
    I with Comic on this one. Public humility is one of the biggest fears of just about everyone. There's a time and a place to reprimand employees.
    Example. We were at a restaurant a few weeks ago and the hostess (a cute young teen girl) seated a couple in the wrong booth. This caused the couple to have to wait a long time to be waited on. They went to manager and raised all kinds of fuss. The manager brought the hostess out and gave her loud a chewing out in front of everyone in the restaurant. As soon as he walked off, she broke out in tears. My wife just couldn't stand it and took her aside. She brought her over to our table and hugged her and told her how wrong the manager was, and that she didn't deserve to be treated like that. The hostess got a nice tip from our table and we won't be going back (food wasn't great either). The right thing to have done would be to take her in the office and reprimand here there. NOT in front of everyone. Shes a KID! You want perfection? How about paying more than some lousy $2.13 an hour wage.

After what seemed like some gleeful satisfaction from the couple who started the whole mess, they held each other hands and said a long prayer before eating. I wanted to throw my Jack on the rocks at them. But, it's Jack... LOL

It's not same-same Mike.

You don't humiliate somebody publicly for making a mistake. I'm with you 100% on that.

But that's not the girl in the Safeway.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    I have 29 lawyers that work for me. She's a brat, and she's gonna grow up to be a toxic, entitled employee.

Are you going to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about?
    And I'll bet you would never humiliate one of them in front of their peers or general public..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post
    And I'll bet you would never humiliate one of them in front of their peers or general public..

Mike
    Depends. If they test my authority in public, I very well might. There's an exception for every rule and context matters.

You would and that is why you would not be a successful supervisor of young people. Your only chance of success would be maybe drill sergeant.
    I supervise one younger guy right now. All is well.

The rest of you wouldn't survive working for me, Sherb and Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    I supervise one younger guy right now. All is well.

The rest of you wouldn't survive working for me, Sherb and Steve.
    Maybe you would be working for me..

Mike

Depends. If they test my authority in public, I very well might. There's an exception for every rule and context matters.
    Nah, you don't strike me as that kind of person..

Mike

I am going to tell you that I supervise 15 young people in an economy with 3.2% unemployment and if I ever behaved like that supervisor, I would be fired.
    Didn't realize that the local roller rink had that many employees.

I have 29 lawyers that work for me. She's a brat, and she's gonna grow up to be a toxic, entitled employee.

Are you going to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about?
    She very well may be a brat who grows up entitled

She may be a serial killer

She may be a future Republican nominee

The issue lies with the way the situation was handled