Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: No Snowflakes Please

This is crazy. She was acting like a brat, she got called on it, the end. Y'all act like this is some kind of internet startup where they everybody takes naps and worries about "corporate culture" and all manner of millennial bullshit. It isn't. Its an entry level job where you do what you're told.

Sigh, I wish Pio was here..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post
    Sigh, I wish Pio was here..

Mike
    He would have suggested that the teenage kids at Safeway form a baggers union.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    I'm surprised at the number of snowflakes inhabiting The Lodge.

This girl (presumably a teenager) received nothing more than a reality check. It may not be pleasant, it may not be PC enough for the snowflake crowd but sometimes it's a necessary evil in order to make a point. My bet is that girl who stated "but it's cold out and I don't want to because it will ruin my shoes" never does that again and probably learned from it and moved on. Let's be realistic here...nobody is going to die going outside to collect carts in the snow/cold and the small amount of time spent doing it isn't going to ruin a pair of shoes. Sounds like she was just being whiny and thought she was "above" doing that job.

I once had a disagreement with a boss about an issue at work. We were having a "lively" discussion about the issue at hand for about 15 minutes when the boss finally said to me "If you don't like the way we do things here, there's the door" BOOM! Lightbulb moment...they employ me...they are my livelyhood...they can get rid of me at anytime. The discussion ended and we both moved on. Not a big deal. Unless your the type of person that takes things to heart and gets all sad and angry and stuff...
    Pretty sure I'm typing in English---Hey mods is this reading in Chinese??

Not one person on this thread indicated she should not do the job.

It was the meathead way it was handled...And having sat in on the management meetings in dealings with employees----it is not fluff---corp wants respect and courtesy with their employees

It's the wannabe in the middle that is above his head

And I'm with Mike----Stick this Snowflake BS

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    This is crazy. She was acting like a brat, she got called on it, the end. Y'all act like this is some kind of internet startup where they everybody takes naps and worries about "corporate culture" and all manner of millennial bullshit. It isn't. Its an entry level job where you do what you're told.
    I can tell, Sherb spanks his kids ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    By the way, maybe the manager was having a bad day.

Maybe his wife left him. Maybe the car battery died. Maybe some asshole rightwad politician just stripped his right to collective bargaining...
    Edited for mo' accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    So Princess was even more of a snowflake than previously thought?
    Look, Steven: Not everyone is a rugged, salt-of-the-earth Iowan who delivers calves during a blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    I'm surprised at the number of snowflakes inhabiting The Lodge.

This girl (presumably a teenager) received nothing more than a reality check. It may not be pleasant, it may not be PC enough for the snowflake crowd but sometimes it's a necessary evil in order to make a point. My bet is that girl who stated "but it's cold out and I don't want to because it will ruin my shoes" never does that again and probably learned from it and moved on. Let's be realistic here...nobody is going to die going outside to collect carts in the snow/cold and the small amount of time spent doing it isn't going to ruin a pair of shoes. Sounds like she was just being whiny and thought she was "above" doing that job.

I once had a disagreement with a boss about an issue at work. We were having a "lively" discussion about the issue at hand for about 15 minutes when the boss finally said to me "If you don't like the way we do things here, there's the door" BOOM! Lightbulb moment...they employ me...they are my livelyhood...they can get rid of me at anytime. The discussion ended and we both moved on. Not a big deal. Unless your the type of person that takes things to heart and gets all sad and angry and stuff...
    You may refer to 'us' as snowflakes but you are a damned boot licker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn C. View Post
    Look, Steven: Not everyone is a rugged, salt-of-the-earth Iowan who delivers calves during a blizzard.
    But we should all try to be!

I swear if my daughter came home and told me that the mean manager embarrassed her because she wouldn't go out because her shoes might get ruined, I'd toss her shoes in the effing rain.