Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: No Snowflakes Please

Quote Originally Posted by CO Native View Post
    Okay, the store is swamped and they are short handed and the guy is doing the job of 3 people. He's supposed to walk her over to the office and be nice to her while customers are waiting? No, he handled it correctly for the situation.
    He could have told her to do it with out be a smartass and humiliating her..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Modern forward thinking companies do not use public ridicule in motivating their employees. Full Stop

This is page one of the leadership handbook.

This is off the Safeway website---as "Why you should work for them".....I fail to see the Do it or else clause----the guy was an ass..period

"At Safeway, we make sure our employees are well taken care of. We recognize that their hard work and dedication are the driving force behind our success, and we continually look for additional ways to reward them. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism.

Safeway has a strong reputation as a responsible corporate citizen and has long been committed to improving the quality of life in the communities we serve.
    Safeway recognizes the importance of balancing business with the environment. As a leader of sustainability initiatives in our industry, we have taken many proactive steps in reducing our carbon footprint. We have also created product lines to ensure the thoughtful use of natural resources, offering our customers the opportunity to do their part in protecting the environment, as well.
    At Safeway, we have a strong appreciation for the variety of backgrounds and characteristics that make individuals unique. As champions of diversity and inclusion, thoughtful people practices function at the core of our business philosophy.
    Our employees also have countless opportunities to grow personally and professionally. With numerous training programs and outlets for development, we ensure that our employees are continually strengthening their skill set and developing as individuals.
    We invite you to build and advance your career with Safeway and help contribute to the future success of our company."

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Here's an idea...put plastic bags around them. It's a freaking grocery store. Or check your damn phone for weather before you leave the house.
    Most grocery stores up here have parkas and boots available for staff working outside..

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post
    Most grocery stores up here have parkas and boots available for staff working outside..

Mike
    this

and when i worked my 1st official job, i was a bagger at a grocery.....it was part of our job description to get carts

the cashiers were mostly female, and dressed a little nicer.....and it was not part of their job description to get carts in the parking lot
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post

Mike
    So Princess was even more of a snowflake than previously thought?

Quote Originally Posted by tim_s View Post
    this

and when i worked my 1st official job, i was a bagger at a grocery.....
    I was the last natural born American to work at a 7-11 in Los Angeles...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I was the last natural born American to work at a 7-11 in Los Angeles...
    i picked vegetables during the summer at a local farm......rode my back 3-4 miles to get there, too.....starting when i was 12....for 2.50 an hour (plus $3 for each bushel of beans I picked haha)

but bagging groceries was my first "real" job
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

I'm surprised at the number of snowflakes inhabiting The Lodge.

This girl (presumably a teenager) received nothing more than a reality check. It may not be pleasant, it may not be PC enough for the snowflake crowd but sometimes it's a necessary evil in order to make a point. My bet is that girl who stated "but it's cold out and I don't want to because it will ruin my shoes" never does that again and probably learned from it and moved on. Let's be realistic here...nobody is going to die going outside to collect carts in the snow/cold and the small amount of time spent doing it isn't going to ruin a pair of shoes. Sounds like she was just being whiny and thought she was "above" doing that job.

I once had a disagreement with a boss about an issue at work. We were having a "lively" discussion about the issue at hand for about 15 minutes when the boss finally said to me "If you don't like the way we do things here, there's the door" BOOM! Lightbulb moment...they employ me...they are my livelyhood...they can get rid of me at anytime. The discussion ended and we both moved on. Not a big deal. Unless your the type of person that takes things to heart and gets all sad and angry and stuff...
    Last edited by NZ Indicator; 04-19-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    This is off the Safeway website---as "Why you should work for them".....I fail to see the Do it or else clause----the guy was an ass..period

"At Safeway, we make sure our employees are well taken care of. We recognize that their hard work and dedication are the driving force behind our success, and we continually look for additional ways to reward them. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism.

Safeway has a strong reputation as a responsible corporate citizen and has long been committed to improving the quality of life in the communities we serve.
    Safeway recognizes the importance of balancing business with the environment. As a leader of sustainability initiatives in our industry, we have taken many proactive steps in reducing our carbon footprint. We have also created product lines to ensure the thoughtful use of natural resources, offering our customers the opportunity to do their part in protecting the environment, as well.
    At Safeway, we have a strong appreciation for the variety of backgrounds and characteristics that make individuals unique. As champions of diversity and inclusion, thoughtful people practices function at the core of our business philosophy.
    Our employees also have countless opportunities to grow personally and professionally. With numerous training programs and outlets for development, we ensure that our employees are continually strengthening their skill set and developing as individuals.
    We invite you to build and advance your career with Safeway and help contribute to the future success of our company."
    That's just standard fluff plagerized over and over by numerous companies across the nation. The reality is it's rarely ever like that.

My view is an adult intimidated a teenager just to inflate his ego and demonstrate his limited authority.. I'll bet he watches O'Reilly too. What's with all this calling anyone who disagrees with you a snowflake BS? Bunch of Rightwads..

Mike
    Last edited by ricinus; 04-19-2017 at 07:17 PM.