Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Snowflakes Please

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    No, asshole boss. A leader would have said, "well let's go together." Then explained to her to bring a different set of clothes and also how that wording she used could be detrimental in a job setting.
    ^^^this^^^
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

She was probably wearing heels because she was told to when hired..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by CO Native View Post
    I understand exactly what that means. Was at Safeway in a big snowstorm last year. Poor assistant manager told a young girl bagging to grab her coat and collect buggies as they were almost all out. She says "but it's cold out and I don't want to because it will ruin my shoes".
    His reply was classic - "well I hope you don't ruin your shoes looking for another job".
    We clapped, she cried and headed out to get carts.

She didn't understand her place, but was put there rather quickly.
    OK little intro

In my life I've been a grunt.....I've been a tradesman (Licensed)--I've been a non-union foreman in trades---I've been a union tradesman----I've been a management supervisor--- for large industrial settings in the trades dept.

What I can say is...this was handled so terribly wrong---you can get the job done and not be an ass and belittle your team---something like this could scar a young person---unacceptable!!!

How do you know she was not hired under the premise of indoor work and dressed accordingly---then put on the spot--broke down

The idiot manager needs some coaching or a new career

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Classic snowflake right there.

Spectacular.
    Yeah... no...

The absolute first thing I was taught as an NCO is always to praise in public and to admonish in private. It is the golden rule of being a good supervisor of people.

I guess some like to cater to the snowflakes.

I worked a few jobs where I was given that type of treatment. It only strengthened my desire to obtain a college degree so I didn't get stuck working a shit job the rest of my life.

Suck it up and move on. Your mileage may vary.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NZ Indicator; 04-19-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Some people may only have the option of this kind of job for varying reasons

Making them fearful for their livelihood is akin to torture---do this or else----is not the way we help people grow into all they can be and be an asset to a company

We need to look past our own placements in life and put ourselves in other's shoes---no one is saying--yeah lets let dope smoker sleep all shift---but you can bring out the best in people with simple courtesy and explaining direction with respect

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    The wording is a bad sign. The writer seems to expect a problem worker to show up. The boss will alienate the worker and the worker will get a bad attitude.
    I hope he never finds someone to work for such a lump of shit and is forced to do the job himself and then he may learn to value the people he means to hire.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bushart View Post
    Some people may only have the option of this kind of job for varying reasons

Making them fearful for their livelihood is akin to torture---do this or else----is not the way we help people grow into all they can be and be an asset to a company

We need to look past our own placements in life and put ourselves in other's shoes---no one is saying--yeah lets let dope smoker sleep all shift---but you can bring out the best in people with simple courtesy and explaining direction with respect
    I get what you're saying. But that story (what CO Native shared) is the world I grew up in. As did most of my friends and co-workers at the time. Nobody is worse off because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    I get what you're saying. But that story (what CO Native shared) is the world I grew up in. As did most of my friends and co-workers at the time. Nobody is worse off because of it.
    Some would not agree.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    I hope he never finds someone to work for such a lump of shit and is forced to do the job himself and then he may learn to value the people he means to hire.
    This is probably shocking, but he probably did do the job himself when he was younger.