Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do the Trump voters feel now?

I'm becoming a little more remorseful that I didn't vote for him, to be honest.

He's still got a ways to go, but he's becoming an establishment Republican. Now if he would just consult first with Mnuchin and Cohn before blabbing off to the WSJ...

Our countries best leadership chance went away when Biden's son passed away. While Joe had his embarrassing moments, his cred with the workers would have won out, and he wouldn't have taken any crap from the orange one. It would have been a fantastic debate series! And he would have been a fine pres. given his experience. Now the Dems have to find some younger talent. Warren is old also.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I'm becoming a little more remorseful that I didn't vote for him, to be honest.

He's still got a ways to go, but he's becoming an establishment Republican. Now if he would just consult first with Mnuchin and Cohn before blabbing off to the WSJ...
    He needs and his people need to show some steadiness. During the campaign China was a currency manipulator; now they aren't. Bombing Syria was a terrible idea in 2013. Now it isn't. And so on.

One could say its a virtue that he changes his mind (as we all should when the facts change), but most things in politics aren't fact-specific, and since Trump doesn't hold any positions, what does he stand for? What does his administration stand for? I think its great that we are gonna get a couple of Federal judges, but not if it means the GOP doesn't exist when this all washes out.

He will be an establishment repub until its convenient for him not to be. They say markets and investors hate uncertainty, not to mention allies. Got to think this problem will create adverse results eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    One could say its a virtue that he changes his mind (as we all should when the facts change), but most things in politics aren't fact-specific, and since Trump doesn't hold any positions, what does he stand for? What does his administration stand for? I think its great that we are gonna get a couple of Federal judges, but not if it means the GOP doesn't exist when this all washes out.
    You really, really need to calm down on the death of the Republican Party stuff. We didn't get Change! with Obama. We're not going to get it with Trump.

I said from the start, Trump's not an idiot. What he is, is a brand new rookie. He's wising up and figuring out that his ability to do things are limited by certain realities - e.g. you can't go nuts on China because they're the lid on N. Korea or having to deal with the Freedom Caucus. He'll make small changes within the lines of reality and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    He will be an establishment repub until its convenient for him not to be. They say markets and investors hate uncertainty, not to mention allies. Got to think this problem will create adverse results eventually.
    He'll be an establishment Republican because he has to be.

You really, really need to calm down on the death of the Republican Party stuff. We didn't get Change! with Obama. We're not going to get it with Trump.

I said from the start, Trump's not an idiot. What he is, is a brand new rookie. He's wising up and figuring out that his ability to do things are limited by certain realities - e.g. you can't go nuts on China because they're the lid on N. Korea or having to deal with the Freedom Caucus. He'll make small changes within the lines of reality and that's it.
    I told one of my employees she needed to relax once. Her reply: I don't relax.

Its a fair point, though. We could all stand to calm down. The social media bubble ramps up the apocalyptic thinking to 11 on everything. I'm no more immune to it than anyone else.

For example: that Pepsi commercial which was supposedly so bad and "tone deaf" and all that? Turns out people liked it. Social media hated it, and its easy to confuse the outrage there with outrage generally.

I think United tho has a legit PR problem

Even that is overwrought. You think anybody with any kind of United status is suddenly going to go to American out of outrage?

Even that is overwrought. You think anybody with any kind of United status is suddenly going to go to American out of outrage?
    I'm just saying United sucks. Pepsi sucks too, but it doesn't fill me with rage to drink a Pepsi. And I'm not a person you want raging at you.

<flexes lats>