Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this you?

Walmart in an emergency........but i favor online

Target was good when the kids were in diapers....i think the wife shops there though

McD's too often, but not really that much
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com

Sometimes they are the most convenient. But I do try to avoid Walmart,
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

For the longest time around here, Walmart had the best prices and the best produce. The other stores finally cleaned up their act and improved their selection and quality.
    I don't think this would have happened without Walmart..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

I did good work here....

Only 42% of U.S. consumers use Amazon. Here's the Top Ten (Costco didn't make it).

Walmart 95%
    McDonald's 89%
    Target 84%
    Walgreens 77%
    Dollar Tree 71%
    Subway 70%
    CVS 69%
    Home Depot 68%
    Taco Bell 62%
    Burger King 60%

It would be interesting to see that breakdown by state. I'd bet that Subway in the healthier states is higher than McD's. There are subways on every street corner here and only a few McD's.

We hit Subway a lot in Chicago

Yes on Subway, I try pretty hard not go to other fast food places. The town I live in has a population of about 2000, there is no Walmart or Target and the closest Wallyworld is about 45 miles away and the Target is further. Amazon is my lifeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell, I'm Canadian, and I would be yes, yes, no.

No to Target because of their gigantic misfire in launching here. Are you guys aware of that? If not, it's a story that will be told in business school forever:

Target purchased all of the "Zellers" real estate in Canada from Hudson's Bay Company in an effort to launch coast-to-coast in one shot. (Zellers was basically Canadian Kmart.). They then spent a fortune renovating all these existing stores, and building regional distribution centres.
    And then---they screwed it all up. Shelves were empty. Canadian Target stores had nowhere near the selection of products as US locations, and people generally didn't respond well to Target up here.
    After only 3 years they simply folded up. Lost over $2 billion in the process. $2 billion!

Best part of it all---Hudson's Bay Company took the $$ they got from the real estate sale, and bought Saks Fifth Avenue with it.

It really is a fascinating story if you are interested in that sort of thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_Canada

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    ABOUT an hour later she CALLS ME BACK from Mumbai or wherever she was and says, "hey I was talking to some people here and I think I figured out a solution. . ." I was duly impressed.
    You live in the Snake River Valley. Did her solution involve having electricity run to your house?

Quote Originally Posted by CO Native View Post
    It would be interesting to see that breakdown by state. I'd bet that Subway in the healthier states is higher than McD's. There are subways on every street corner here and only a few McD's.
    That would be very interesting.

I try to avoid Wal Mart but sometimes stop there after work (I work until midnight) for essentials. Plus they are one of the few places to sell Ranier beer (my cheap beer of choice).

Haven't been in a Target in forever. I always found them to be very expensive.

McD's. Breakfast before skiing. I get a Big Mac craving about twice a year too. We have not had a McRib Season here in a very long time and I am very, very, very upset about that.