Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this you?

Also I detest people that claim (looking at you Joe) they can't stand fast food

I go to SoCal to visit friends periodically. I usually take a break from whatever diet regimen I'm on when I'm down there. One of my buddies is quite insufferable about fast food places. His wife finally told him, "look, he wants to go to McDonald's, so just go!"

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    I live 30 minutes from the nearest Walmart. I forgot about Amazon

Amazon prime is my lifeblood out here. I read somewhere that Amazon is slated to be the world's first Trillion dollar company. As long as its not United, I'm good.
    I'm an Amazon Prime member. We do subscribe and save and the Amazon Pantry.

Almost weekly, something from Amazon is delivered to my house...saves gas money, wear and tear on cars and standing in line.

Not to mention all of the free music and video rentals that you get with Prime membership.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Also I detest people that claim (looking at you Joe) they can't stand fast food

I go to SoCal to visit friends periodically. I usually take a break from whatever diet regimen I'm on when I'm down there. One of my buddies is quite insufferable about fast food places. His wife finally told him, "look, he wants to go to McDonald's, so just go!"
    Yup that's me. Can't stand fast food chain joints. My body feels like crap after I eat at one of those places. The 25 year old at the gym was spot on with his statement.

If I'm on the road out of town and want something to eat it's the local ma and pa cafe or local tavern.

Last edited by NZ Indicator; 04-12-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Amazon's customer service is second to none. Best I've ever dealt with. I was trying to read a book in the cloud reader and it wasn't working so I called the hotline and got one of their customer service people. She couldn't figure it out, so I said thanks, I'll just read it on my kindle, BUT an hour later she CALLS ME BACK from Mumbai or wherever she was and says, "hey I was talking to some people here and I think I figured out a solution. . ." I was duly impressed.

Amazon's customer service is second to none. Best I've ever dealt with. I was trying to read a book in the cloud reader and it wasn't working so I called the hotline and got one of their customer service people. She couldn't figure it out, so I said thanks, I'll just read it on my kindle, BUT an hour later she CALLS ME BACK from Mumbai or wherever she was and says, "hey I was talking to some people here and I think I figured out a solution. . ." I was duly impressed.
    Totally agree with that. I've used their online customer service chat a few times.

Couple months ago I bought a handlebar mounted bike light for $130...I was out on a night ride with some friends and the mount broke and the light flew off the bike. I contacted customer service about it thru online chat and they apologized and refunded the $130 and told me to keep the light. I ended up finding a replacement mount for $13.

Can't beat that...

Amazon for a lot of gear, but clothes etc, I usually go to Eddie Bauer sales, a Canadian store- Marks-, Occasionally Walmart for jeans, and of course Costco once a month.

Fast food maybe once a week and usually Edo, but once in a while I crave McD fries..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

GF got me on to Costco, saved the 55$ membership on eyeglasses right away. Thing about Costco is the quality. Very impressive. Of course you have to buy huge lots. The fresh roast chickens are so much better than the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post
    but clothes etc, I usually go to Eddie Bauer sales
    Unless it's a specialty clothing item, I hit the local thrift stores. $2-$5 for shirts and pants. I'm a frugal SOB on some items.

I don't like Target. I shop at Walmart a lot.

I try to stay out of McDonald's but its hard. I had some gym bro, 25 years old, tell me yesterday that if I started eating healthy, I would enjoy that more than fast food. Indeed, I would come to despise fast food.

Guys, I'm here to tell you that is the worst kind of all the kinds of bullshit there is.
    Haha - that's the truth. My kid knows a guy that does the physique competitions. He cuts down to some ridicules low amount of body fat for this. He says that as as soon as the competition is over, they head straight for the nearest burger king pig out. He says it's better than sex - haha.

Walmart is my closest store, great for running out for one or two items. Our local supermarkets are only slightly better but worth the extra ten minutes drive for food. Local department stores are low-to-mid level, with the better ones running grade D stores for our rural/suburban area. Now that farmer's markets and farm stands are re-opening we will buy most produce there, except for certain fruits and vegetables that we only buy organic when possible and which are available only in supermarkets - apples, pears, lettuces and root vegetables basically. We also have a garden plot that keeps us supplied with much of our lettuces, green beans, tomatoes and beets.

Now that I'm retired i wear a suit for weddings and funerals. I own two sports coats, one tweed and one corduroy but can't remember the last time I wore them. I find myself waiting for sales and coupons and buying clothes at JCPenny because they sell Izod khakis and shirts for less than anyone else around here and they fit me. We are big Amazon and Alibris customers, and I buy quite a bit on eBay. Photo gear comes from Amazon or B&H since the last real camera store within 75 miles closed several years ago.

As for Mickey D's, two breakfast burritos make for a not too unhealthy drive through lunch. Their burgers are inedible, IMO. Wendy's and Five Guys burgers are better. Actually, Five Guys burgers and fries are pretty good, at least at the two outlets around here.
    Last edited by George K; 04-13-2017 at 04:46 AM.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.