Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this you?

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post

But I don't think that the type of pork he produces is any more or less safe than supermarket stuff.
    What are you DOING?!

OF COURSE IT'S SAFER! SUPERMARKET PORK WILL KILL YOU AND BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    My favorite is the Anti Gluten speech.
    Yep. This book talks all about that and the poor state of nutrition science generally.

https://www.amazon.com/Gluten-Lie-Ot...rds=gluten+lie

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    You know what gets me fightin mad! Products that claim they have Sea Salt in them, like its an improvement over regular Mortons. Where does Mortons come from: ancient sea beds, which means that this sea salt doesn't have residue from nuclear fallout, and manmade pollutants like DDT or Lead that have flowed to the sea in the modern era. What idiocy. Its enough to make me post on the web about it.

I have always found that for political conservatives these health issues are big "wedge" issues. Get them started on fluoridation of drinking water.
    Sea salt. Free range. Cage free. Organic. Nitrate and nitrite free. Angus beef.

You know what all these terms have in common? Marketing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nitrite is bad for you. It rhymes with thermite.

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: [very nervous] Lord, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen... tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

General Jack D. Ripper: [somewhat embarassed] Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No.

General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.
    Are you sure that's not a transcript of a conversation between Flynn and Bannon?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Nitrite is bad for you. It rhymes with thermite.
    You know who else didn't believe in cage free?

Now I will say this: the kinds of hog Buffco raises do provide a product that is, in my humble opinion, superior to store-bought meat in terms of flavor. But that's not due to the presence/absence of additives. The breeds he uses are better and, fattier. Fat is flavor. It also goes into how he raises them, and what that makes for in the end product.

But I don't think that the type of pork he produces is any more or less safe than supermarket stuff.
    I have lusted for Buffy's pork ever since he posted photos of some chops. Not Buffy's pork, mind you, but that from his hogs.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

I should note that I've never any of Buffco's pork. But I know several folks who raise the same breeds in similar ways, and I know how good that pork is.

Also, even though I haven't seen him in a while, I know Buffco, and he's a good man. I know if he sells something, it's good quality.

The last time I went to Jerry's I took several boxes of my sausage. Chris put it all in his mouth. Said he loved it.

I need to bring you some by next time I'm in your area. That may be in just a week or two.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You guys are hooked on the chemicals...I can tell.