Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this you?

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Indicator View Post
    Ummm no...I buy my eggs from a girl at work that raises the chickens on her farm. I've been to her house. It's nothing like you describe. Same goes for the beef and pork I buy.

Places like this...

http://www.newgrassfarm.com/

http://stoneyacresfarm.net/pork/
    Has that poultry been checked for Marek's disease? Avian Encephalomyelitis? Are they a NPIP certified herd?

In 1950, a group of United States scientists found that adding antibiotics to animal feed increases the growth rate of livestock.[9][12] American Cyanamid published research establishing the practice.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibi...e_in_livestock
    Ok.

Explain the health hazard. And also, what is the safer, natural alternative to this:

Last edited by Buffco; 04-13-2017 at 03:55 PM.

You're a farmer...I get it. You're defending your turf.

You're a farmer...I get it. You're defending your turf.
    No I'm not, Joe. You haven't been paying attention. I make my money off of people like you.

These guys that I'm talking about? They are my competition. I WANT you to continue to believe the way you do. I can't compete with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    I do enjoy cooking now. Have some cheap bourbon and cook. . .that's the best.
    I'm not a drinker usually, but there's just something about an ice cold beer, in an ice cold mug, that makes cooking more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I'm not a drinker usually, but there's just something about an ice cold beer, in an ice cold mug, that makes cooking more appealing.
    You're using organically grown hops, I hope. Otherwise you're going to die in like, 40 years.

Something I've noticed is that the organic milk seems to stay good (pass the smell test) longer past the sell date than the reg milk. Perhaps they don't extend the sell date out as far?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Something I've noticed is that the organic milk seems to stay good (pass the smell test) longer past the sell date than the reg milk. Perhaps they don't extend the sell date out as far?
    Organic milk just means they cannot be given antibiotics and GMO feed. Whether or not that affects milk quality is anybody's guess. There's certainly no science behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffco View Post
    You're using organically grown hops, I hope. Otherwise you're going to die in like, 40 years.
    My wife likes to buy organic. I fight about it. She usually wins. The way I see it is, it's just us two now. It's not that much more money and though it's mostly BS, it might possibly be safer or better. I prefer organic fish, deer, and turkey and I keep us stocked up on that.

I'm about to go get several pounds of organic White Bass. One of my favorites.

The house we are trying to buy still has a smoke house with a big salt box. It's a lost art. I would have no idea how to raise and process a hog. My grandfather did it and I remember some of it but not much. If we end up at this place I plan to make a go at it.