Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airline recommendation

Airline recommendation

Not United.

They suck in all kinds of ways but this is pretty bad, and I'm having trouble seeing the justification for it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/vide...ing/vp-BBzEDyn

I think United subscribes to the philosophy that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Interesting. I wonder if there's more to the story like with the two women who were removed from a flight due to wearing leggings.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if there's more to the story like with the two women who were removed from a flight due to wearing leggings.
    On that one I agree with United. If you're flying on the company's dime, you adhere to their dress code.

If it went down like that, that's just effing terrible.

It strikes me as ridiculous that somebody can be forced off a flight because an airline needs to move employees or due to overbooking.

They looked for volunteers....

https://twitter.com/united/status/851383383888285696

https://www.yahoo.com/news/united-pa...134930951.html
    “Flight 3411 from Chicago to Louisville was overbooked,” a United spokesperson told Yahoo News when asked about the incident. “After our team looked for volunteers, one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily and law enforcement was asked to come to the gate.”

I'm sorry, but if you've been selected to leave, you're not going to be leaving voluntarily. You might be complying with their demands, but if you didn't volunteer, you ain't leaving voluntarily.
    Last edited by breamfisher; 04-10-2017 at 04:58 PM.

volunteering, Marine Corps style.

Ah, the "voluntold" method.

I understand that airlines can select individuals to bump. And that paying for a ticket doesn't guarantee getting that flight. I get that. But how they're trying to paint this, it ain't working...

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    Ah, the "voluntold" method.

I understand that airlines can select individuals to bump. And that paying for a ticket doesn't guarantee getting that flight. I get that. But how they're trying to paint this, it ain't working...
    Its terrible PR any way you slice it.

As I understand it, the gentleman was a physician and needed to see patients. Or so he says. Who knows.

I, on the other hand, would have taken the $800 dollars and driven to Louisville. Its not like flying from Seattle to Atlanta. Louisville is not that far from Chicago. And since I absolutely loathe dealing with United anyway, I would have been happy to do it.

(yes, I like stories like this. I feel vindicated).