Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: So If Obama was Weak on This?--Now Batting..

Perhaps the problem is people on all sides forget that all Trump cares about is how he looks in tomorrows headlines. He has no idea of an actual policy about regime change or interventions. So if there is a obscure similar attack in central Africa, he will ignore it without any thought to policy.

Quote Originally Posted by creekguy View Post
    Perhaps the problem is people on all sides forget that all Trump cares about is how he looks in tomorrows headlines.
    That makes him more dangerous rather than less to Assad, since everybody who's anybody in Washington eats up these "show of force" dog-and-pony shows. Trump has (inadvertently) figured out how to dominate the news cycle and generate positive coverage. Assad should take heed.

I came across an AM radio broadcast this afternoon on my way home from work. Wish I could have gotten better reception, but it was going in and out. Anyway, the talking head was saying that the reasons for this attack - which he was against - was that Pres. Trump has unwisely removed Steve Bannon, ultra-nationalist, who would have advocated pre-WWII noninterventionist policies, with military actions only occurring if the US was attacked. Instead the D.C. power base was replaced by NY state liberals who advocate interventionist policies and rampant military actions abroad.

In essence, if you're against this attack you're a Steve Bannon ultra-nationalist, whereas if you cheer this attack you're in league with NY liberals.

Because those were the only two options the talking head proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    In essence, if you're against this attack you're a Steve Bannon ultra-nationalist, whereas if you cheer this attack you're in league with NY liberals.

Because those were the only two options the talking head proposed.
    Making sense is less important than pulling in the listeners. Can I interest you in Lifelock?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

Spicer is such a piece of work. Now he has said that Assad dropping barrel bombs would be crossing the infamous Red Line. Assad has dropped 13,000 such bombs to date, including some with chlorine inside. And the WH also says that there has been NO change of policy. Well, if there is no policy, I guess there can't be a change in policy!

Spicer must have that office sign over his desk "my policy is so secret even I don't know what it is".
    Last edited by creekguy; 04-10-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Now comes the really crazy...Putin says the U.S. is planning fake chemical attacks to justify further bombing.

Btw...Ed OK? Can't believe he's missed this entire thread.

Good news! The US has picked up an outside contractor to handle the situation in Syria. It's sole-source, but hey, this may be okay...

http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/04/pe...remove%20Assad

According to the White House Assad is worse than Hitler. That seems like a high bar to clear.

Twitter is aghast, calling Spicer a "Holocaust denier" and all manner of overwrought nonsense. He's not that. He's just the wrong person for the job he's in.
    Last edited by sherb; 04-11-2017 at 07:38 PM.

I just saw this. Jews have snowflakes too.

Here's the correct way to phrase what Spicer was trying to say.

https://twitter.com/DonteStallworth/...85721250082816