Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So If Obama was Weak on This?--Now Batting..

Well, I think our official policy towards Syria may be regime change (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) while we do nothing about it except maybe some tough talk now and again. No way we can have an even larger vacuum in Syria that is already there. There aren't any good choices going forward.

OK---diff between this and GWB Iraq Debacle----Pretty well the whole world supports this action

We can sing peace forever--and i still hold strong to

Here's the crucial but----if we let the crazy's continue killing---up to 400,000 now of their own people---they need a message--The country is in ruins

Alright---here's where I Hork up A Hairball---I believe Trump did the right thing ---and I'm an Obama Supporter

A shot at equipment and not people---well calculated IMO

Well it was a relatively SAFE thing to do which can still be called a response. No pilots put in jeopardy, no civilians killed. in fact, were there any enemy killed? (they may have been warned...gee, what a nice war.)

Got to say, lots of people think this is all kinda fishy.
    Last edited by creekguy; 04-08-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sherb View Post
    One other thought: its entirely possible that the Russians are pissed at Assad rather than us right now. Because it looks like Assad gassed his own people over Russia's objections, and now Russia looks like they can't control their client. Just a thought.
    I still think the Russians did it.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

It sounds more and more like millions of dollars were spent bombing(?) a seldom used airfield and they were informed ahead of time that it was going to happen.

Anybody talking about Russian collusion anymore?

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by ricinus View Post
    It sounds more and more like millions of dollars were spent bombing(?) a seldom used airfield and they were informed ahead of time that it was going to happen.

Anybody talking about Russian collusion anymore?

Mike
    Right,, Bush era Deja Vu. Obama bombs the shit outa countries and nobody says a word. A republican does it and the whole administration, from the prez, to the first mate on the cruiser, are in on some crazy conspiracy to divert attention from an even bigger crazier conspiracy...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Right,, Bush era Deja Vu. Obama bombs the shit outa countries and nobody says a word. A republican does it and the whole administration, from the prez, to the first mate on the cruiser, are in on some crazy conspiracy to divert attention from an even bigger crazier conspiracy...
    Obama did it to deflect attention from his fake Birth Certificate..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Under the circumstances I think the missile strike was appropriate. Of course, it provides no longer term answer to the situation in Syria. The civil war there is a total tar baby and I do not have any answers.

I do wonder, however, if this conspiracy theory will turn out to be correct: Putin is worried about the investigation(s) into the Trump campaign's connections to the Russians. He wants there to be "space" between himself and Trump. He tells Trump there will be a poison gas attack, and says "feel free to retaliate against the Syrians. We will feign outrage and the notion that you are my lap dog will be dispelled, and you can continue unfettered to be my lap dog on important matters, like blowing up NATO."

The chemtrails must be bad in North Central Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    The chemtrails must be bad in North Central Vermont.
    They are incredible. I've been brainwashed.

I hope you know that my conspiracy theory is a "I wish it were true" thing, since it would be so damning. I hope you know that while I can hope, I know it is not true.