Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Threat Level

Threat Level

After reading the article about the UK attack I’m left wondering how long has there been a threat level? What exactly is the threat level based on? Intel? If you have intel that warrants a “severe threat level” why not take "severe" steps to stop it? Is this the future of western culture now, constantly under threat?

Now? It's been this way for a while. We've just grown accustomed to it.

We stopped getting the color coding messages once Bush won in 2004, the fear factor was no longer necessary after that.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Weren't there different colours of threat levels after 9/11? I was just talking to somebody not long ago and was wondering whatever happened to those. I guess it's a good thing they aren't needed?

The colors stopped in 2011. Thanks Obama!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homela...dvisory_System

OTOH, it's not like people actually were paying attention after Bush's re-election.

We stopped getting them on the news long before that and right after that election. I noted it at the time on this very forum.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    We stopped getting them on the news long before that and right after that election. I noted it at the time on this very forum.
    Well they don't really serve any purpose. I mean look at what's happening despite elevated threat levels.

They served the purpose they were designed for, getting Bush elected.

And exactly what is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by fishingcomic View Post
    They served the purpose they were designed for, getting Bush elected.

And exactly what is happening?
    Nothing, nothing's happening at all. LOL

They stood in the centrer of Brussels. Row on row.

Hands held high, making hearts to the heavens. Showing the slaughtered they were not forgotten. Reminding themselves they were here with love. Looking to show humanity wins. That love conquers all.

They lay in the center of London, face down where they fell. Stabbed by a knife, rammed with a car, flung, broken, into the Thames, life bleeding out on the curb.

And the news came thick and fast.
    As the last life-blood of a police officer ran out across the cobbles, the attacker was being stretchered away in an attempt to save his life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...E-HOPKINS.html