Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solved!

Solved!

A study by the federal government has shown that seniors with lower blood pressure have fewer heart attacks than those with higher blood pressure. The results "were so dramatic they ended the study a year early". Jesus, I wonder how many millions they squandered on that study?

Banned
    Some akin to Subway introducing the Giardiniera sandwich & saying it so many times in a TV ad with enough drama to replace that word which sounds like Jared to get revenues back up ?
    Last edited by saltydancindave; 09-13-2015 at 01:56 PM.

Another classic Flytrap post. Had you actually read about the study and what it found you might understand why it is useful, and will change standard guidelines.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Yup, my Doc is insisting I get down to 120..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Quote Originally Posted by George K View Post
    Another classic Flytrap post. Had you actually read about the study and what it found you might understand why it is useful, and will change standard guidelines.
    Oh, but I did read it Georgie. It's a stunning rehash of facts that have been known for years. It reminded me of a study by the U. of Wisconsin some years back, trying to determine how much the methane in cow flatulence affected greenhouse gases and global warming. Wasting OUR tax dollars.

Let's hear it for Flytrap the medical researcher.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Medical researcher? No, money waste researcher. How obvious does it need to be that higher blood pressure leads to more health problems. How many DECADES has that been known? Unless its more of the liberal agenda to pour money down the drain.

I do have to admit its fun watching you folks get so worked up about this.

That pesky liberal agenda. I tell you what why don't we compare money spent on medical research that actually saves lives to all the billions that Haliburton simply lost?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by flytrap View Post
    Oh, but I did read it Georgie. It's a stunning rehash of facts that have been known for years. It reminded me of a study by the U. of Wisconsin some years back, trying to determine how much the methane in cow flatulence affected greenhouse gases and global warming. Wasting OUR tax dollars.
    Then you missed the part about how the guideline currently is 150 systolic and as a result of this study probably will be changed to 120.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.