Sometimes everything works just the way it should in the world.

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 2,731 Senior Member

And this is one of those times. Can't help but smile when you think about all the effort that went into saving these people. Should make for a great book.

Officials called it a model for global cooperation. International journalists covering the event broke into spontaneous, emotional applause at a news conference by Thai officials after the last of the stranded group was brought to the surface.

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-thai-cave-rescue-day3-20180710-story.html

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,622 Senior Member

From rescuing Thai boys to recipes.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,731 Senior Member

I'd love to visit Phuket. For the great scenery and spicy recipes, not the boys.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,071 Senior Member

reminds me of a funny story. My brother did a WESTPAC and one of the stops was Pattya beach. everyone from the MEU commander on down passed the word not to rent jet-skis on the beach. So, of course, one of the young jarheads rented a jet-ski and got caught.

My brother had to write him up. "why did you do it?" he asked? "Man, so many people were saying not to do it that I HAD to do it."

That's the Marine Corps in a nutshell, right there.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,710 Senior Member

The Army version of that was getting a copy of all the off-limits places in town, so you would know where to go.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,519 Senior Member

Was talking to a older guy, Navy vet, while waiting for a table at a restaurant in Bozeman yesterday. I brought up the subject that Ogden, UT has everything to offer that Bozeman or Missoula has, if not more, but vast tracts of Ogden are blight. He proffered the idea that the close proximity of an USAF base might produce a deleterious effect Due to tattoo parlors, cheap bars, etc. as that was his Navy experience in the 70’s. I told him “Nah, man. This is the Air Force we’re talkin’ about.”

And yes, Bozeman is waaaaaay cool.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file