Justice Kennedy retiring.

1235»

Replies

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,622 Senior Member

Dead babies in the womb being taken to term, yeah... that never happens. You know what happens if a dead baby is left in the womb?

Besides, how does one abort a dead baby?

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,202 Senior Member

You don't of course. You induce labor.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,710 Senior Member
    edited July 5 #124
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Yes. But one has to ask if this is a misnomer. It's not a D&C.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,622 Senior Member

I know what the procedure is. I'm waiting to hear when anyone has suggested carrying a dead baby to "term."

Comic said that Santorum has said this, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

"Term," I assume, means until the body naturally goes into labor which is usually just a couple of weeks.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,519 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    Its pretty much beyond my imagination. Legislators have constituents.

Hi from Utah!

@George K said:

Given the make up of some of our state legislatures it is not beyond imagining laws banning the aborting of dead fetuses.

Or criminalizing abortion of viable zygotes.

ZygoteLivesMatter

@Steven said:
    Comic said that Santorum has said this, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

"Term," I assume, means until the body naturally goes into labor which is usually just a couple of weeks.

So that makes Santorum's argument valid?

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,684 Senior Member
    edited July 5 #131

Its times like this where the only solution is the Simpsons....

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 116 Senior Member

You know, the failure of the Dems is in not doing better in congress, particularly the senate. They slept through redistricting, and lost the House, then they lost out in the Senate to better organization and funding. So they are dependent on a couple of moderate Repubs to stave off a full conservative on the court. That Dems have lost white working class men would be unfathomable to JFK or LBJ.

• saltydancindavesaltydancindave Senior Member Posts: 2,328 Senior Member

@creekyguy said:
    You know, the failure of the Dems is in not doing better in congress, particularly the senate. They slept through redistricting, and lost the House, then they lost out in the Senate to better organization and funding. So they are dependent on a couple of moderate Repubs to stave off a full conservative on the court. That Dems have lost white working class men would be unfathomable to JFK or LBJ.

Doubt it with the medieval mentality of Rehnquist's ESP Reichquest & the Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate ESP cops that kept inquiring where 9/11 came from when it was the KKK cops that first brought it up as was also discussing ESPN coverage of D.C sports teams with one of Eisnehowers Pentagon staff sergeants at lunch; as this Islam Christiananality pedophile mentality godvernment of drugs "serve the Pope or die" second coming crusade tautology gets really old with the crooks on Capital Hill.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,710 Senior Member

@creekyguy said:

Sad but true.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@Shawn C. said:
    So that makes Santorum's argument valid?

H-ell no

@jbilly said:
    Its times like this where the only solution is the Simpsons....

Leave it to those Star Bellied Sneeches of SCOTUS to carry on as if trying to comprehend Rehnquist's Reichquest of thieving US Constitution-old glory-old testament-Declaration of Independence-absentee voting ballot arsonists evolving into Rehnquist's ESP Reichquest of thieving 9/11 arsonists; then anything translated for the cross conditioned way beyond therapy in English is an internet crash.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,567 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    Is this actually something that liberals think is going to happen? No abortions to save the life of the mother? No abortions of dead babies in the womb? The relentless worse-case strawmanning is probably the most irritating facet of the debate: the vast majority of abortions are NOT because of incest, **** or to save the life of the mother. Can we please stop acting like the country with the most liberal abortion laws in the world is morphing into the Handmaid's Tale due to a single retirement?

It has happened. A "Christian" denied a woman the medication she need to end the pregnancy of a non-viable fetus that is destined to be still born. This man votes and there are many like him, if he becomes the majority, that becomes the reality.

How many would allow an abortion to save the life of the mother? Not any on the Religious Right.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@jbilly said:

@George K said:
    With the commendable exception of the Catholic Church most anti-abortion advocates are enthusiastic supporters of the death penalty.

Hey before we move on past the strawmans can we look at this one.

Why is it the most enthusiastic anti-gunners don't care about saving lives in the womb and love abortions

(disclaimer: for those that can't tell I am just stirring the pot)

Because we do not believe embryos and fetuses are people. Why do you not care when hundreds are killed with your favorite toy?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,684 Senior Member

As stated I’m pro choice. If I'd have ever knocked up someone chick back in the day I would not have wanted her to get an abortion. I would have been willing to raise the kid. I am ok with abortion, but it is straight up destroying a life. I recognize it. I don't like it, its not for me, but I won't make that choice for everyone.

Note, I am not talking about in cases of ****, incest, life endangerment of the mother etc. I think using it as contraception is just sick and wrong.

I don't like abortion at all, but until people become responsible...aka never...I'm ok with it being out there. On the other hand if its not going to be allowed than something has to be done with kids that will be born unwanted, or worse yet with severe medical issue, drug addiction etc. If the feds or state were to ban abortion than IMO they should have a mechanism in place to address what to do with these kids. There would need to be state run care homes, medical care, etc. I don't like abortion, but as a tax payer I don't want to pay for all that so people can f*%# like rabbits and be irresponsible morons. Thus I accept abortion as necessary.

As for guns, not toys, much like abortion I have not killed anyone with either. So try again.

You don't want people to tell you how to run your life regarding abortion, but are more than willing to tell me how to run my life with guns. Hypocrisy at its finest. Carry on.

I actually do not care how many guns you own, I only want you to be responsible and have them registered so that I can tell when you are selling them to a crazy person or a criminal. My interest is not in taking away guns from responsible citizens, I want to keep them out of the hands of criminals and nut jobs.

I would point out that we have a greater state interest in protecting live children, than fetuses.

Jim, like Clinton said, ‘abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.’ Or along those lines. It’s pragmatic just like what you said.

@Shawn C. said:
    Jim, like Clinton said, ‘abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.’ Or along those lines. It’s pragmatic just like what you said.

Around here it was as if a whole lot of rocket man were shootin off on the 4th as a BBQ celebrating in that cuteness survival of the fittest fascists leave it to a supreme swastika up Uranus court to hold a Rosenberg decision grudge as Arabs against Israel in order to "serve the Pope or die" with it's KKK churchstate drug trafficking lynching enforcement of the Knights of Columbus one nation under God thieving US Constitution-old glory-old testament-DOI arsonists so Arab terrorists that threatened POTUS & to nuke Temple Mount for the second coming of Rehnquist's ESP Reichquest where if one doesn't know where more than 24 of each of the documents are other than ashes to ashes, dust to dust nor where 9/11 was mentioned other than himself repeating what the Federal Lynching churchstate of hate cops that baptize thine eyes by urination in order to make Jews pay not only the US, but Islam for the Holocaust.......

1235»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file