Malcolm Jenkins

WetdogWetdog Senior MemberPosts: 5,112 Senior Member

on trumps lies.

It's hard to step out in the public and fight to make it better.

It's hard to meet with people who don't agree with you and to have tough conversations about uncomfortable race-related issues and how to make a positive change.

It takes empathy and time to listen to other's experiences that may be different than your own.

It takes courage to stand up for the TRUTH even if it's not a popular one.

This is what my colleagues and I have been facing for the past two years. Players have met with police departments, elected officials and community advocates around the country.

Chris Long played for free last year and donated his entire salary to charity.

We've fed the hungry, we've mentored our youth, we've fought to create opportunities for communities and individuals who have been disenfranchised, we've given scholarships, and the list goes on.

We've done all of this while still climbing to win the highest esteem in our profession. We are athletes, but as citizens, we are doing everything in our power to make our communities better. This is the hard, but, right thing to do.

It's not our job. No one elected us to do this. We do it because we love this country and our communities. Everyone, regardless of race or socioeconomic status, deserves to be treated equally. We are fighting for racial and social equality.

Simply google: "How many Philadelphia Eagles knelt during the national anthem last season?" and you find that the answer is zero. A similar google search will show you how many great things the players on this team are doing and continue to do on a daily basis.

Instead, the decision was made to lie, and paint the picture that these players are anti-America, anti-flag and anti-military.
I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Replies

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,443 Senior Member

Very well said by Mr. Jenkins. While not everyone in the NFL is a model citizen (to say the least) there are good people, as there are in any profession.
    Trump and Fox News' comments and actions on this subject continue to be repugnant.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,587 Senior Member

"Trump and Fox News continue to be repugnant."

Fixed it for you. Gratis, although all contributions are appreciated and will be acknowledged graciously .

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 853 Senior Member
    edited June 7 #4

Can any rational person explain to me what that farce at the White House Monday was about? I swear Corporal Heel Spurs Is acting more and more like President for Life Heel Spurs. Any time now, I expect him to design uniforms for the White House Guards (Nixon reference for the young and slow who might need an explanation.)

Jim

That would be Great Leader Heel Spurs to you, boy.

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,112 Senior Member

Only racists, and bigots could object to Butler's words, only racists and bigots would believe trumps lies.

Jim, thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten that....but I've forgotten so, so much. I now only have spots in the last twenty years that are clear. God how I thought Nixon's type would never again be in the white house, and now we get this. But what do you expect from the American people? Unlike many others that have a belief in humans that rise to their highest level when called upon. That is all bull. We are selfish, petty whiners that only blame others for everything that is wrong. Americans no longer care for right and wrong, care about justice, the rule of law, they have become tribal (where thought is not welcome) they don't care about people who look different than them. First they are uncomfortable around those people", then they hate those that are different. Honestly, I doubt we have come any farther in our thinking than where we were during reconstruction. For those that don't remember or know what that reference is, it's the rebuilding after the civil war.

The history books used to applaud the French in that they loved our black entertainers and gave them the work often denied them in america, Josephine Baker is one example. They all hold up the great non racist French theory. The truth is that the French looked upon these black american entertainers as "trained monkeys." The response to Malcolm Butler and others, is at the level of the French in the twenties and thirties. Shut your mouths and dance, sing and throw balls around that's all we want from you ingrates (black and brown).

I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 853 Senior Member

@George K said:

I was thinking more of Idi Amin, George

Jim

@magalloway said:

@George K said:

I was thinking more of Idi Amin, George

Jim

Ah. Do you think that when Trump becomes further unhinged by Mueller's investigation he too might declare himself King of Scotland?

Asking for a friend.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file