Cracking Down on Federal Workers' Unions

NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior MemberPosts: 9,159 Senior Member
edited June 1 in The Lodge #1

President Donald Trump signed executive orders restricting the activities of unions that represent many of the U.S. government’s 2.1 million employees, the White House said.

One of the three orders signed on Friday limits the amount of official time federal employees can spend on union duties to no more than 25 percent. It also requires the federal government to start charging union members rent for using space in federal buildings, to stop paying employees for the cost of lobbying the federal government, and to more aggressively negotiate union contracts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-25/trump-signs-executive-orders-cracking-down-on-employee-unions

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,421 Senior Member

Remember the good old days when Obama would sign an executive order and Fox News would call him a tyrant?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • saltydancindavesaltydancindave Senior Member Posts: 2,309 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    Remember the good old days when Obama would sign an executive order and Fox News would call him a tyrant?

But never for the Islam invasion of the US while he was a sitting President after 9/11 as the Catholic Church drug invasion of the US after they assassinated JFK. Funny how immigration hasn't been immigration for the feds.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,159 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:

Only from the very tiny minority of rabid, tea-bagging republicans who run around with their hair on fire. Kind of like the extreme lefty's right now.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,421 Senior Member

Seems to me you were one of them. But tell me how would you have reacted had Obama said he had the right to pardon himself?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,159 Senior Member

Nope not me. Someone else.

Obama? Who is that?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file