OK I Don't Like "SnowFlake"

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 1,688 Senior Member

Ya know when I 1st learned of this meaning I didn't like it

I believe the term was bantered towards the liberal side of PC and so lumped them all together

I personally thought...You have not been in some of the Sh.. Holes I've been in-- and I lean left so don't lump me there

Knuts deep in a swamp---crawling inside a moose's chest cavity---blood up to the shoulders--does not lead me to Snowflake

Cut off on the trail facing a pack of Timberwolves---does not lead me to Snowflake

I thought---OK call me that cubicle boy---walk the walk----but that's me

But in fairness---this bugs me---so I'm not alone----I try not to lump others as was done to the left (Apologies Comic)

I think this term is the definition of divisive----A phrase to insult in an election---carrying on to maintain the divide

Hate to sound like a Lennon-esque Hippie but

Opposing powers that be have a vested interest in keeping warring camps to maintain their positions want this---but hey---I want to form my own path---and demeaning insults are not getting me there

Me...getting off my soapbox

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,348 Senior Member

I wouldn't use the term if it were not so loosely bandied about by some people here that because of that use I have absolutely no respect for.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member

No, I get it
    Those were the ones that got under my skin initially with this name---not a lot bugs me online--but that one does

Painting everyone with the same brush---

I try very hard to be an individual, me

And at the end of the day it's only my opinion---people have the right to do as they will

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,809 Senior Member

Some folks here yield some very large paint brushes.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

All my life a snowflake was what we swept off the steps--until your last election

So I see it bantered about here--and not knowing I ask...it was defined as..
    "Someone who melts when the heat gets turned on".....ok it's going the long way round to say weakness

So now aware I see the signage at the Trump rallies---saying things like "Hey Snowflake--ya can't take my guns"
    Or Buildin that wall Snowflake--that sort of thing

So now we're at---if you disagree with me---your a Snowflake....aka Weak--not a good place

Having recently learned Cambridge Analytica provided the Trump campaign with buzz phrases---would not be surprised if Snowflake had its roots there??

They don't say--if you disagree with me your stupid...cuz stupid people can still be dangerous---weak people just roll over

I just don't think it's good to paint an entire group as weak--and by elimination the other as strong based on a belief system

Without getting too historical-----Might did not always make right

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,809 Senior Member

Someone call you a snowflake?

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

Not directly----it however was associated with the left beliefs---gettin close to my neighborhood
    Regardless I don't think it's healthy shot in Any direction

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,580 Senior Member
    edited May 1 #8

@Bushart said:

So now we're at---if you disagree with me---your a Snowflake....aka Weak--not a good place
    I just don't think it's good to paint an entire group as weak--and by elimination the other as strong based on a belief system

I guess you missed the ole days here when that ^^ and big pile on's were the norm. Head over to Brian D's facebook and you'll find the old crew there still doing what they do. It's the most childish **** I've ever seen so called educated people do. I know people on the other side of the aisle who act the same way. I don't understand it.

edited May 1 #9

Brian D's facebook is all about his wife. You are kind of special aren't you?

If this comic had done a bunch of hateful ethic jokes or transgender jokes and people complained about that, you would be doing the piling on. Check out the Apu thread.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

BTW the term snowflake was certainly not invented by a liberal.

Brain D's facebook is all about his wife is factually incorrect. You're the special one.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member

@Bushart said:
    Not directly

Sack up, Snowflake

@Steven said:

@Bushart said:
    Not directly

Sack up, Snowflake

Are you currently not late for your Brazilian Scratching..Biting...and Hair Pulling Class??

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,785 Senior Member

@Bushart said:

@Steven said:

@Bushart said:
    Not directly

Sack up, Snowflake

Are you currently not late for your Brazilian Scratching..Biting...and Hair Pulling Class??

see, that's how its done.

@Bushart said:

Not yet. I work for a living.

And the snowflakes cry when you pull on their man buns.

FWIW, a snowflake isn't a liberal. A snowflake is a millennial liberal.

@Steven said:

indeed.

edited May 1 #18

@Steven said:

And Millennial's are the byproduct of liberal weighted education and social influence.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 897 Senior Member

@Steven said:

And the snowflakes cry when you pull on their man buns.

There are a lot of things that young men do these days that make me shake my head in amazement, but the man bun is the one thing that I just don't understand. They look like the top of a trash bag.
    If my son came home with one, he knows he would not be let in the house.

@CO Native said:

@Steven said:

If my son came home with one, he knows he would not be let in the house.

Let me put it this way, son: you can have dinner and mom will do your laundry-as soon as I'm done using these sissors.

My Son is in the Military----Man Buns are not my concern

edited May 2 #22

@MikeA said:
    Brain D's facebook is all about his wife is factually incorrect. You're the special one.

I am the one that sees them every day. I just went through his entire page, he posted 6 political posts and 3 of them were humorous Maybe you need a sense of humor. Stay out the sun, you might melt.

• swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,547 Senior Member

@Bushart said:

Canada has a military?? Who knew....

All of your Trout are belong to me.

@swizz said:

@Bushart said:

Canada has a military?? Who knew....

Ya wonder why I pay attention to world politics---it directly affects my gang

@fishingcomic said:

@MikeA said:

I am the one that sees them every day. I just went through his entire page, he posted 6 political posts and 3 of them were humorous Maybe you need a sense of humor. Stay out the sun, you might melt.

@fishingcomic said:

@MikeA said:

I'm not the one stalking a dude....

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 897 Senior Member
    edited May 2 #26

@sherb said:
    Let me put it this way, son: you can have dinner and mom will do your laundry-as soon as I'm done using these sissors.

BINGO!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file